Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Seating vs. Price  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Icelandair0416

• Members
Seating vs. Price
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:19:56 AM »
Hello all. I have a quick question regarding the passenger demand. If there are two airlines flying a route, one with standard seating and cheap prices and the other with premium seating but with a more expensive price, which one will the passengers prefer?

GDK

• Former member
Re: Seating vs. Price
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:27:02 AM »
I'll choose 'C' - Premium seat with lower price. ;D

If you are going to configure your aircraft to premium seat, the cost is something you should look at.
What if you try to maintain standard seat but with lower ticket price?

THI

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
honestly:
price is in this version not really relevant.

in my opinion it is only the company image and a bit the route image.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »
honestly:
price is in this version not really relevant.

Meaning high price will not reduce the LF or low price will not increase LF? It is different.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »
in my opinion absolutely NOT !
lets forgive it sami, the game is nice but not perfect.   ::)

or sami: could you say something about it ?
the price factor in this version is not realistic, correct ?

f.e. show this lufthansa, they would say to you "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"  ;D

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 06:47:26 PM »
 Have you guys tried doing things with your prices, and then given it some time to take effect? I feel you haven't as when I have changed prices I have seen fairly large drops or gains in LF. A 5% increase in fares dropped my LF's by 7%+ so I returned them to the previous level and began reducing price at 1% increments and have seen a LF increase with each drop.
 If you are only talking about individual routes that have competition there are WAY too many factors that effect your load factor to make a judgement on any one of them such as price. CI is a huge factor when competing, as is ac types, frequency, and time of day among others. As for seat types a passenger will prefer a premium seat at the same price of a standard seat in my past experience, and will require a premium seat for routes of over 4000 nm or so to have a good load factor at all

Hello all. I have a quick question regarding the passenger demand. If there are two airlines flying a route, one with standard seating and cheap prices and the other with premium seating but with a more expensive price, which one will the passengers prefer?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:57:57 PM by psw231 »

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »
Agree. I always have my 747 and 340 at all premium seats configuration and 10% higher than default price. LF is around 90% for every flight.

Offline Icelandair0416

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 03:42:51 AM »
Thanks for all the responses everyone!

mclovin

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »
But what about the decrease in available seats..? When the leasing price is high u cant afford a small number of seats cause u wont gain  much profit..
For example in a B733 with premium economy seats u get 95 seats compared to 126 at standard economy..
This is a 26% decrease in seats..
It is difficult to have decent LF at routes which are already oversupplied and with decent prices so as to have profits..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.