Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: High fuel prices  (Read 2249 times)

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
High fuel prices
« on: June 14, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
Pheew high fuel prices are giving me a big loss, how are you guys doing

tidelover05

• Former member
Re: High fuel prices
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:24:01 PM »
Perfectly fine. spike fuel costs are only costing me an extra 300,000 dollars a month. With profits over 3mil a month 300,000 isnt too bad once fuel gets over 1000 it will start getting rough.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »
no problems such with 732.......
its working all fine........

and to say one thing more:
it is good that the fuelprices are high. in this game are some players who put nearly 150% to some routes........
and this people get problems. and thats good for such "normal" players......
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:45:05 PM by THI »

Artem999

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »
It is not good. Before theese prices I have had a profit approx. 22 - 23 thousands from the one route. Now it is 17!!!
And actually I dont remember if in the beginning of 2004 there was as big fuel prices as now at this game!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:50:53 PM by Artem999 »

Artem999

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:12:09 PM »
Perfectly fine. spike fuel costs are only costing me an extra 300,000 dollars a month. With profits over 3mil a month 300,000 isnt too bad once fuel gets over 1000 it will start getting rough.
You have a profit of 3 mil. a month. But not all airlines have got the same monthly profit!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 08:16:47 PM »
One thing that people forget in these situations is maximizing the profit. Cutting costs is always hard but finding the best & largest income sources is much easier.

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »
it would be easier if aircraft got delivered faster!

But I guess it's my fault to have expanded with quickly available gas guzlers
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:27:58 PM by Filippo »

losgatitospeligrosos

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 03:12:48 AM »
Yes, a good time to cut underperforming routes and planes out of the fleet. Aero Gatitos Peligrosos is struggling, but will come out of this stronger.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 04:07:37 AM »
Somehow I went from 3.1 million to about 700,000... :(
No replacement for displacement

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 04:25:11 AM »
One thing that people forget in these situations is maximizing the profit. Cutting costs is always hard but finding the best & largest income sources is much easier.

What if those gold mines have been owned by someone else?  :laugh:

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 05:08:01 AM »
Even though I retired my 743s... at the time I did they still made more net profit then my 773s.

- Talentz

Artem999

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 07:35:32 AM »
Yes, you're right. Cutting costs - is best now. But not in the situation when you have average load factor 98%. In my case, for example, it wouldn't bring me much success.

Offline elmarinomercante

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »
It's horrible, which will be the top?

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 04:39:01 PM »
One thing I have found, and will discount a bit, is when fuel prices get really high, I just revert to default pricing and maybe add a percent or two if ts really high and it seems to work out and thr profits stay ok. Another thing I do, when fuel prices are really low is have a fare sale and discount 10-15% for a short while and you can practically see you're bottom go up before your eyes (well in fact on some occasions I have). One thing I haven't done and probably never will is let staff go. I know they do it in the actual world ALL the time, but I hate too. Has anyone else found they absolutley had to let go of staff? Has anyone ever done paycuts? Just curious because it happens in the land of the living and breathing. Just curious.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »
One thing I have found, and will discount a bit, is when fuel prices get really high, I just revert to default pricing and maybe add a percent or two if ts really high and it seems to work out and thr profits stay ok. Another thing I do, when fuel prices are really low is have a fare sale and discount 10-15% for a short while and you can practically see you're bottom go up before your eyes (well in fact on some occasions I have). One thing I haven't done and probably never will is let staff go. I know they do it in the actual world ALL the time, but I hate too. Has anyone else found they absolutley had to let go of staff? Has anyone ever done paycuts? Just curious because it happens in the land of the living and breathing. Just curious.

Actually fuel price is counted into the default price.

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »
I'm having really big troubles cutted some planes and bad routes but ar still losing over 2 million a week not good

losgatitospeligrosos

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
It's horrible, which will be the top?

Sometime in 2008 most likely. It should go down for a few months soon though.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 02:44:41 AM »
Cutting routes is not a good solution because fuel price will never drop. It grows higher and higher until 2010. The possible method is looking for new potential routes as sami said. But this is quiet impossible since most of the possible route have been filled up. Another method is to upgrade a more fuel efficient fleet. But you need a strong base and money for that. The last, increase the price. The easiest is to set it to default price because the system default is adjusted to fuel prices. This will affect your RI or LF slightly only. If you don't have competitor on particular route, you can raise it higher than default but LF will drop a little significant. If you got a competitor there, try to communicate and raise the price together or otherwise whoever raise the price there will lost the market share.

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »
Well only cuttede some planes out there was flying routes without enough demands.

Mig biggest problem is that i have nine new airbus 319 coming up over the next 6 months.

Offline [ATA] - lilius

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »
Cutting routes is not a good solution because fuel price will never drop. It grows higher and higher until 2010. The possible method is looking for new potential routes as sami said. But this is quiet impossible since most of the possible route have been filled up. Another method is to upgrade a more fuel efficient fleet. But you need a strong base and money for that. The last, increase the price. The easiest is to set it to default price because the system default is adjusted to fuel prices. This will affect your RI or LF slightly only. If you don't have competitor on particular route, you can raise it higher than default but LF will drop a little significant. If you got a competitor there, try to communicate and raise the price together or otherwise whoever raise the price there will lost the market share.

I have to say in my opinion dropping routes is one of the quickest cures of a low profit that you can find. First of all, cut all odd routes with odd aircrafts, it saves a fortune. The worst you can do is to keep those routes. Players are in general too concerned about losing a route and I mean, the routes will be there later also for you whenever you have the economy to run it.

So my best advice to anyone in trouble is to start dropping routes and planes that are not earning money. Dropping old planes is even better.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.