Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Pax Demand Development + Small country bases  (Read 705 times)

chunky25

• Former member
Pax Demand Development + Small country bases
« on: June 06, 2010, 04:56:43 PM »
Hey Guys,

used the search engine but didnt find an answer:

1. PAX Demand
Does this increase over time. You here of two digit pax demand increase in some growing countries. Is that modeled in?

2. Small countries
There are some countries only having one ore two airports. Would it make sense to include those countries into bigger groups so it's possible to open a base in that other country. I doubt anyone will set up bases in these countries otherwise, as growth opportunities are very limited. I mean combining some Arab or Asian countries in terms of hub opening opportunities.

I'm not sure about real world rules in this case. Can Lufthansa open a base in an eastern europe (non eu member) country for example?

Cheers

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Pax Demand Development + Small country bases
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »
1>  Yes, pax demand does increase over time, but at least for now it's not country/region-specific.  So, if worldwide pax traffic increased by 7% between 2002 and 2003, we've got that here.  But, the reality being that some went down and some (smaller ones in particular) went way up is not.

2>  No, Lufthansa can't just go open a base in a non-EU country.  And I doubt sami's going to be changing that restriction anytime soon no matter how small a country may be.  Frankly in most of those countries growth opportunities would be pretty lousy no matter what the rules were, as they're simply too small.  And then there's the likes of Singapore or Hong Kong who don't have more than a single airport.  It's just one of those things that's got to be considered, just as in real-life, when picking a place to make an airline.

chunky25

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »
2) Makes sense if it's like that in reality. Wasn't sure about that.
1) Would be great if that would be modelled as well, but I recon it's really complicated. However it would ad a great strategic aspect.

Thanks for your quick reply, Sigma!

MunMaRu

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Can I open another base in Lesser Antilles or in france if I'm in a small airport with no another airport in the country like Martinique.  :-\

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
If you are in EU, then you can open your base in any country of the EU member.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.