Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Oversupply on route?  (Read 894 times)

Offline jacobsroom

• Members
Oversupply on route?
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:37:58 AM »
Sunday definitely looks to me like there's more than 200% supply on the IAD-IST route from one airline; possibly on other days, too -- though my math may be a little off re: A342/A333 capacity.

armonmon

• Former member
Re: Oversupply on route?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 02:00:24 AM »

this is mine 100%

armonmon

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:04:54 AM »
plus thats nothing compared to this

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:03:49 AM »
The rule is that no SINGLE airline can supply more than 200%.  It's also average for the week (since demand fluctuates), so a singular day can be a bit over with no problems as long as other days were a bit under.  One must also consider demand on the return trip as well, (as pictures in the 2nd post), as it's not always the same and can skew things a bit, as it quite evident here.

In this case, on the IAD-IST route, there are 3 airlines on that route, EACH is allowed to supply up to 200% demand, meaning that there could be up to 600% demand supplied (if each hit their max allowed) before there'd be a problem.

In both the first post and the 2nd post, there are no rules broken.

In the 3rd post however, Landmark is clearly WAY oversupplying that route and if you want it fixed you need to report it to sami.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:07:26 AM by Sigma »

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
But it this not happening in the real world ?  I know Air France are operating an A380 from Paris to Heathrow just to fill a gap in its schedule and keep it flying.  If Landmark had 10 rotations using a CRJ then fair enough...but to me he is just gap filling his 744 schedule.
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 12:06:36 AM »
But it this not happening in the real world ?  I know Air France are operating an A380 from Paris to Heathrow just to fill a gap in its schedule and keep it flying.  If Landmark had 10 rotations using a CRJ then fair enough...but to me he is just gap filling his 744 schedule.

I'm sure that's what he's doing, with probably no poor intentions meant.  But, still, it's against the rules.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »
He'll also be better off with it closed.  There is no way that flight is even breaking even.  I'd bet there aren't even 100 pax on it, ever.

Offline jacobsroom

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:34:45 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, Sigma -- and apologies to Monikarda!  Makes more sense now that I see that the IST-IAD demand is significantly higher.

armonmon

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 02:54:15 AM »
no prob, things happen  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.