Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Any Luck with Long Haul RJ Flights?  (Read 3834 times)

Offline psw231

• Members
Re: Any Luck with Long Haul RJ Flights?
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »
It is not good if we are talking about economy and business. But he is doing so for fun.
It add more expenses to his airline but his fleet size is big enough to cover it.
Everyone got their target to achieve. Maybe his target is to operate a regional carrier with variety of route coverage.
  Very good points.

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 12:28:09 AM »
The answer is pretty obvious..... Look at the fuel consumption of an ERJ or for the matter, any regional jet-engine plane.

I fly ATRs up to 1000nm.... They don't make bucket loads of money and they are really slow when comapred to jets, but I can put to routes on them and still cover the expenses of the aircraft (including lease). Also, you should buy your regional aircrafts because they will make so much more money without that lease. This is my experience.

I have yet to try the new E-jets, but an E-175 consumes like 1,000 gallons more than an ATR-72-500, but only carries like 5-6 more passengers.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

flydreamer

• Former member
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 02:48:54 AM »
but the problem is it is very hard to acquire more Q400, because the pending orders is just huge. i have to rely heavily on used aircraft market then. but it is also not an easy thing to get satisfactory plane condition in that market :-\

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 08:49:53 AM »
but the problem is it is very hard to acquire more Q400, because the pending orders is just huge. i have to rely heavily on used aircraft market then. but it is also not an easy thing to get satisfactory plane condition in that market :-\

Hope those props manufacturers expand their production lines.... If the order in AWS is applied to real world, Bombardier will invest heavily to set up assembly lines worldwide. ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.