Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: delays caused by scheduling  (Read 846 times)

flydreamer

• Former member
delays caused by scheduling
« on: June 05, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
NOTE: i don't know where to put this topic, if it is misplaced please be kind to me  ;D and move it to the right place

i have some routes that have delays and cancelation due to scheduling. but, i always make the schedule so that the chance of delays and/or cancelation will be ~1%. although the delays is not too concerning, (usually less than 15 minutes or so) the cancelation started to take my interest. i had 8 cancelation last week, and 4 of them were caused by scheduling, let alone the previous weeks. and i only have 12 flight/day last week. so it just made me confuse, why would it still happening?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:55:21 PM by flydreamer »

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: delays caused by scheduling
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 12:55:55 PM »
The delays can still occur, even if at ~1% chance.  I have a few aircraft with around 5% chance of delay, but most are at ~1% and this screenshot shows mine.  There is no way to stop it completely and having turnaround times at ~1% chance of delay is the only way to minimise it the best you can. :)

Do you have the same gap between flights, as well as turnaround?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:02:09 PM by Daveos »

flydreamer

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
i just confuse, for 12 flights/day in a week there are 4 cancelations caused by scheduling, i think it's too much, regarding i always make my schedule with ~1% chance of cancelation and/or delay.

if u can help me how to minimize it, i would be very thankful  :)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »
you can't

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »
i just confuse, for 12 flights/day in a week there are 4 cancelations caused by scheduling, i think it's too much, regarding i always make my schedule with ~1% chance of cancelation and/or delay.

if u can help me how to minimize it, i would be very thankful  :)

The only thing we can do to reduce delay and cancellation by scheduling is to set a turn around which the chance of delay is ~1%. Since you have did that, now it is all lucks...  :-\

flydreamer

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »
i do have the gap between flights and the time is the same as the turnaround. if it is all lucks, then i think i don't get much luck today. my CI even down because of this (or else maybe) and i started to freak out a bit, since my airline is just a small regional airline with only 4 planes, every changes (even the minor ones) will freak me out  ;D.

anyways, thanks for all your anwers! :)

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 12:14:18 AM »
Well.. i keep my turnarount times always in 5%.. or 8%... and i have 96% of flight punctuality and only 1% of cancelations!

But, i always give more 10 minutes before the flight departs again.. i think this can minimize the delays and cancelations ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.