Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Technical Stop requirement  (Read 1275 times)

kawalsahu

• Former member
Technical Stop requirement
« on: June 02, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
Hi,

Can i please ask the rationale behind one being unable to do a refuelling stop at 'world's big airports'?I am trying to plan a route with a stop at the airport which is closer to my destination and almost enroute.but i cant plan one.may i check what are the guidelines for refulling airport?

thanks
ash

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Technical Stop requirement
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »
Please tell us your start and end airport and where you want to do the tech stop, maybe we can find another good airport for you.

Edit:
And what aircraft type (range!) you have.

welshsct

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:54:41 PM »
Please tell us your start and end airport and where you want to do the tech stop, maybe we can find another good airport for you.

Edit:
And what aircraft type (range!) you have.

Ash/Curse

I have an example, YMML to EGLL trying to do a technical stop at either VHHH or WSSS, using a B747-300, both these airports are demed "World biggest airports" So I am finding it almost impossible to find a suitable airport within in range and that is open within the slot restraints at EGLL.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »
What +MTWO (range) your B747-300 has?

Edit: EGLL - YMML are 9127nm, the perfect tech stop would be at 4563nm, but even the biggest +MTOW variant of the B747-300 can't reach that... (I took the range out of the AWS compare page)

Edit2:

However, these are good airports for technical stops;

Mandalay International, Myanmar (24h open) - 9128nm (4632nm + 4496nm)

Kathmandu, Nepal (24h open) - 9127 (5146nm + 3981nm)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:04:27 AM by Curse »

kawalsahu

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »
curse,

for me,i was planning a route from chicago-o'hare to singapore.the ideal stops for me would b american pacific islands or mainland america but nothing seems to be accepted.

cheers

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »
Surely Guam isn't one the list of World's biggest.

Without know your equipment, I don't know if your plane can make it that far though.

kawalsahu

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
guess what....guam and kiribati are considered 'world's biggest airport'.that's a joke,right? :D

i dont c a reason why we cant have a technical stop anywhere we like.its not like we are doing a four sector flight.

maybe sami could help me larify this issue?

cheers

Jupiter

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 04:11:55 PM »
guess what....guam and kiribati are considered 'world's biggest airport'.that's a joke,right? :D

i dont c a reason why we cant have a technical stop anywhere we like.its not like we are doing a four sector flight.

maybe sami could help me larify this issue?

cheers

You're just doing it backwards.

The current setup isn't too clear, but when you're picking your destination airport, make the original selection the airport you want to refuel at (ie. Guam) and make the SECOND selection Singapore or wherever you want to go.

It's complaining about the world's largest airport because it thinks you're trying to go to to Guam with a refuelling stop in Singapore.

welshsct

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 05:45:07 PM »
What +MTWO (range) your B747-300 has?

Edit: EGLL - YMML are 9127nm, the perfect tech stop would be at 4563nm, but even the biggest +MTOW variant of the B747-300 can't reach that... (I took the range out of the AWS compare page)

Edit2:

However, these are good airports for technical stops;

Mandalay International, Myanmar (24h open) - 9128nm (4632nm + 4496nm)

Kathmandu, Nepal (24h open) - 9127 (5146nm + 3981nm)

Hi Curse

You are correct is show a range of 4280,  I am having to compromise on passangers to get the range. 

Thanks

Scott

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 09:16:27 PM »
Hi Curse

You are correct is show a range of 4280,  I am having to compromise on passangers to get the range. 

Thanks

Scott

For sure it would be a better idea to send the aircraft to another airport or get rid of it, but flying a tech stop AND not maximum number of passengers because of range are two big negative things.

However, these two airports I named are the only one with 24h support. Maybe same airports in Thailand are more in the middle of your route, but they are closed half the day...

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »
curse,

for me,i was planning a route from chicago-o'hare to singapore.the ideal stops for me would b american pacific islands or mainland america but nothing seems to be accepted.

cheers

For a flight KORD - WSSS the perfect (and only possible!) tech stop airport would be Yakutsk (24h open, UEEE, Sibiria, Asia Russia) with 4311nm + 3820nm = 8131nm

Edit:
I'm a bit confused, because my tools tell me different ways to fly there, but the alternative way (the other way around the world) has absolutely no airport where your aircraft could stop, so this is only an option for 777-200LR etc.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:27:50 PM by Curse »

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »
Isn't Guam kind of waayyy out of the way? Are we allowed to use Myanmar as its pretty much closed off to the world at this time. Maybe not on airwaysim, I guess.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »
If you can pay in US Dollar, you can do everything you want in Myanmar.  ;)

kawalsahu

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 08:10:25 PM »
hi guys,thx for the advice.i hv decided to stay off tht route for nw.gonna concentrate on short n medium haul routes 1st.

cheers
ash

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.