Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Can't make my airline work!!  (Read 1435 times)

George McMeekin

• Former member
Can't make my airline work!!
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
 Any tips...... I have BAE146 and EMB120's with an avarage load capacity of 75%- 80% and its just not working for me!!

Any help would be great! ???

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: Can't make my airline work!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »
Your fleet commonality isn't the greatest, so your fixed costs will be up.  Also, you have a lot of low-frequency routes so your marketing costs will be sky high.  Read this guide: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,9211.0.html It will really help.
 :) :)

Online ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 10:29:06 PM »
I have found the BAE-146 isnt a very good plane for profits.

I would dump it and concentrate on EMB-120s and try for a 737 to replace the 146.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
I have found the BAE-146 isnt a very good plane for profits.

I would dump it and concentrate on EMB-120s and try for a 737 to replace the 146.
completley agree those BAe series are crap, way way too expensive, no wonder they went bnkrupt in real life,  ;D LOL.

VJC

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 11:31:56 PM »
small jets using 4 engines that are designed ONLY for specific HOT&HIGH airports don't do well at others.   SHOCKER!

That's the problem with many of these smaller A/C.  They burn almost the same amount of fuel that a 735 does while the 735 has DOUBLE the range (meaning you can fly a nice long red-eye).   Oh, and I forgot that the 735 carries 30 more pax. 

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:35:08 PM »
completley agree those BAe series are crap, way way too expensive, no wonder they went bnkrupt in real life,  ;D LOL.

VJC

Well.. i disagree with V.Castelino!

I'm having great experiences with the Bae family on TMT#2 and now with the AVRO family... They are cheap and you can easily find them on the market!

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 12:08:33 AM »
They probably aren't too bad if you just buy them outright instead of leasing them. There's a lot to be said for planes that are paid off. Look at Northwest and the -9s.

Offline DHillMSP

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 04:13:29 AM »
They probably aren't too bad if you just buy them outright instead of leasing them. There's a lot to be said for planes that are paid off. Look at Northwest and the -9s.

I have to fly on one of those next week and have been flying on them since I moved here 15 years ago - don't get me started.  When does the "your plane is too old" warning hit in this game?  NWA/Delta would be getting it if they were in this game - some of those aircraft have got to be pushing 40.

In any case, I gotta say I'm a fan of the F100 in this environment.  Basically a more fuel-efficient DC-9-30 (i.e. 100-seater) with decent operating costs and relatively low fuel consumption (gotta love Rolls Royce!).  And I'm learning to like the A320 - i wish the 319 and 318 were out.... :o

And yes, owning is much preferred.  ;)

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »
Bae 146-200 is an excellent aircraft if you own it and put it to fly 4 routes a day. F.e. one is making me  483 337 USD a week.

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »
I have to fly on one of those next week and have been flying on them since I moved here 15 years ago - don't get me started.  When does the "your plane is too old" warning hit in this game?  NWA/Delta would be getting it if they were in this game - some of those aircraft have got to be pushing 40.

In any case, I gotta say I'm a fan of the F100 in this environment.  Basically a more fuel-efficient DC-9-30 (i.e. 100-seater) with decent operating costs and relatively low fuel consumption (gotta love Rolls Royce!).  And I'm learning to like the A320 - i wish the 319 and 318 were out.... :o

And yes, owning is much preferred.  ;)
There's a fair number of them that are past age 40, although I'm not sure how many of them have been retired due to being over the pressurization cycle limit.

Offline CVACEO

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the BAe 146 200 & 300 series aircraft.  They are not as expensive to operate as you might think, given they are a 4-engined a/c.  The key with these (and any a/c) is to match them to a proper market and turn over the seats at least 6 times per day (8-10 is where you will find your sweet spot in profit margin).  This means you need 3-5 routes per day per a/c - so this dictates ranges of about 400 miles and under.  Yes they have the range for 1000nm+ routes but these are the routes that will put you in the hole financially.  Mix these longer routes in only when you must and only when you have the overall profitability to do so safely.  And, as with any a/c, fleet commonality is key.  Don't make the BAe's or any other a/c the backbone of your fleet if you don't have sufficient demand on short-haul routes to support at least 8-10 a/c.

I currently operate a fleet of 8 BAe 200's with great success in MT2. ;D

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
Hmm, I hadn't thought about how the reduction to pax demand between 2300 and 0500 would limit aircraft like the 146.  If you operate the plane 24h a day you can still get 3 routes daily extending all the way out to about 800NM.  But now, that third route will be much less profitable unless you have a high CI and no daytime competition.  Definitely makes the 146 a bit less attractive than it was in v1.11...

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
I have a fleet of 24 BAe-146 series 200 aircraft and they are perfect for my operations from Kuala Lumpur and Kuching. Thier STOL performance is good for my area where most runways are short. In essence I am flying the BAe in the environment for which it is suited for.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
The BAE 146-2/300 are the mainstay of my current fleet some of them are making almost as much as my 757's are, they are a very good aircraft but you do need routes with enough demand to warant using them, I wouldnt dream of unsing them on routes with less than 80/90 deamnd per day.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.