Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hated by most  (Read 3045 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: Hated by most
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 10:43:43 PM »
Discount not needed for small planes... :laugh:
So noted! Gonna try an E-170 and simply leave the routes at default prices. :-\

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »
and JFK with DH-8's? :laugh:
late me add one more: HKG with F100 ;)

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 01:05:12 AM »
I've got a fleet of about 5 CRJ-100s that pull in roughly 150,000 to 200,000 a week? Is this really enough to break even with any anybody's experience?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 02:16:16 AM »
I've got a fleet of about 5 CRJ-100s that pull in roughly 150,000 to 200,000 a week? Is this really enough to break even with any anybody's experience?

Oh just you wait... just wait.  When gas is over 600 per unit.  You will see.  Also, when the lease payments kick in, they are just even more tasty.  JUST TRUST US on this one. 

Do me a favor and go look up the fleets of the 'older' players in the game.  I bet most of their short haul fleets consist of turboprops. 

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 11:04:51 AM »

CRJ's are great aircrafts. If you own them. Otherwise only if you got a cheap lease. I own mine and they return a nice profit. Other option was to fly routes with a pax demand of only 30-50 with a 120 seat aircraft.

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
Like people who squash LHR with F.27s?
and JFK with DH-8's? :laugh:

Yeah, kind of. but i don't blame them, maybe i should use the world "annoyed"
Lunar Airways

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 04:30:05 AM »
Oh just you wait... just wait.  When gas is over 600 per unit.  You will see.  Also, when the lease payments kick in, they are just even more tasty.  JUST TRUST US on this one. 

Do me a favor and go look up the fleets of the 'older' players in the game.  I bet most of their short haul fleets consist of turboprops. 

I own all of them. I'm still paying off the loan that I took out to buy one of them but it's manageable. The only problem with the turboprops it that I can't send them on as long of routes as I can the CRJs. I used to have a fleet of about 5 EMB-120s (about half owned, half leased) and I almost went bankrupt. Getting rid of them was what turned my company around.
Maybe I'll just have to hold out until the Q400s come out. I do alright on 75-80 seat a day routes with a 120 seat aircraft but in the long run I doubt it's profitable. More profitable than sitting on the ground I'm guessing.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
I own all of them. I'm still paying off the loan that I took out to buy one of them but it's manageable. The only problem with the turboprops it that I can't send them on as long of routes as I can the CRJs. I used to have a fleet of about 5 EMB-120s (about half owned, half leased) and I almost went bankrupt. Getting rid of them was what turned my company around.
Maybe I'll just have to hold out until the Q400s come out. I do alright on 75-80 seat a day routes with a 120 seat aircraft but in the long run I doubt it's profitable. More profitable than sitting on the ground I'm guessing.

Embraer didnt make a good plane (for this game) until they came out with their jets.  The EMBs are simply too small to cover the route and landing costs.    Yes, the Q400 is amazing. 

I find the only time I'd ever use a CRJ is for routes between 600-900 miles... or you can always use an A318 (not in this game) and go with a comfy setting. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.