Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Logo design  (Read 1186 times)

LoyalRoyal1992

• Former member
Logo design
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »
would anyone be kind enough to give me some advice on how they created their logo ... ie. what programme

thanks, Mark

ralphvanderlinden

• Former member
Re: Logo design
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »
Paint?

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
Gimp

Offline DHillMSP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:10:26 PM »
Illustrator CS4

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
Template from jetabout.webs.com

Design with Microworlds EX

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 05:35:49 AM »
I got CS5 but I'm not good in using that software. Anyone can give me a short guide on how to use it to paint the livery template?

Offline DHillMSP

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 05:42:25 AM »
I got CS5 but I'm not good in using that software. Anyone can give me a short guide on how to use it to paint the livery template?

Normally, I'd PM this, but given the interest, I'll share how I do it - your flight mileage may vary.  ;D

In Photoshop,  I will take a template and select all of the white areas within the aircraft (not the windows, engines, etc. - anything you wouldn't want to get painted over) using the Magic Wand (sensitivity of 10 or 12, all boxes checked).  Then, invert the selection.  Next, create a new Photoshop file with the same size and a transparent background.  Copy the previously selected image into the new blank file - you should now have a "hollow aircraft", with the transparency "checkerboard" for the interior, not counting windows, metal parts of engines, etc.  Save it as a GIF (which allows transparency).  This gives you a "see-through" plane.

You should now be able to go into Illustrator and use the original template as a guide for your work.  I usually cover it up with colors, text, etc. - see my own livery or the Lineas Basque or Mythos Air liveries for examples.  I will then place the transparent template I created over the work (be careful of your alignment), which will then only show the portion of the color/text/graphics/etc. that would show on the aircraft.

It takes some practice, but I managed to figure it out in an hour with no help - hopefully this will shorten your learning curve.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »
Thank you so much for your guide!!
But it will be a big project for me ;D I'm lazy on this kind of thing...
I'll try it out and make a good livery for the next game.

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »
Hi!

I use inkscape, you can download easily from www.inkscape.org

I use real photos, so my liveries look much more realistic, almost perfect  ;D

THis is simple.. Choose an image, open in inkscape and draw something over the airline's logo, etc.. and change the color (get the aircraft pattern).. then you'll have a "blank" aircraft.. then just paint it ;)

Examples:

This aircraft was from Air Canada.. I just bought it from them LOL

Look the original plane (not the same picture, but the same plane.. look the Reg. number C-GWEN)

;) 8) ;D :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:22:39 PM by Catita Bill »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.