Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Soviet Union falling soon  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Soviet Union falling soon
« on: May 25, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
The first country has already declared independence over Soviet Union and I'd guess that others will follow soon. ;)

So you can expect some changes in the pax demands of routes to these countries.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Soviet Union falling soon
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:06:25 PM »
... dropping hints? ...

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:25:26 PM »
but european-based airlines won't be able to open bases in the baltic states until much later, when they join the EU, right?

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »
The first were Baltic states, Lithuania already showed up in destinations list, Latvia and Estonia probably will open up soon. The rest will follow only in late 1991 (that's if the game follows the history :D)

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 07:56:22 PM »
Sorry to say, but it should have been happened already in 1989 for Hungary, Poland and Czechoslovakia...with the GDR and Romania following them in 1990. By 1991 the USSR dissolves and Yugoslavia should also break apart.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:31:47 PM »
Romania?! They were never part of the Soviet Union. And officially 'perestroika' wasn't until 1991... so all indepencies are in 1991, apart of course from Romania who were never part of the Soviet Union..
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 06:53:24 AM »
I mean the opening of these countries, most of them were not part of the USSR, only satellite states, with a single party communist government. That meant severe travel restrictions for the population which were lifted as soon as the old regime was ousted. This would translate to a highly increased passenger demand in these countries.

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 06:55:01 AM »
Romania?! They were never part of the Soviet Union. And officially 'perestroika' wasn't until 1991... so all indepencies are in 1991, apart of course from Romania who were never part of the Soviet Union..

By the way, the GDR was already becoming a free country by 1989 but became a part of Germany in 1990.

Offline LoonyToony

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 07:03:03 AM »
Actually, Ceaucescu, Romania's dictator at that time, hated Stalin and his regime. I don't know about the GDR and other countries but being born under Ceaucescu's regime, I can tell you that Romania had nothing to do with the USSR other than it being a trade partner of some sort.

Romania is one of the few countries in Europe to excist in it's current form as an independant country for a long long time. We never had foreign rulers, not even as satellites. We overthrew our dictator in November 1989 where the Soviet Union, to my knowledge, overthrew itself. Quite some differences in the histories of those countries.

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »
I don't want to make this tread into a history lesson, but I don't think 150 years count as a long-long time on history scale...and by the way the communist regime in Romania was built on soviet friendship...no troops were in the country but the system would not have been sustainable without their "moral" support.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.