Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Future Airports 2010 and beyond modeled in?  (Read 658 times)

Dookz

• Former member
Future Airports 2010 and beyond modeled in?
« on: May 25, 2010, 04:12:32 AM »
Are there enough information that future airports and airport expansions could be modeled into the game? I haven't played a future scenario in previous games, so I don't really know what to expect. The reason why I asked is, Clark International Airport is currently being developed to be the new gateway to the Philippines, replacing the full capacity Ninoy Aquino International Airport which cannot expand because of high-dollar developments in the area. Currently it has 2 parallel runways (3 parallel runways would be built altogether) and its second expansion of its 1st Terminal was completed in April 2010 and can handle 5 million passengers. Terminal 2 phase One, 7 million passengers 2013. Phase two not yet released. At the end, Terminal 3 would have it to 80 million capacity in 2025.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diosdado_Macapagal_International_Airport

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Future Airports 2010 and beyond modeled in?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:22:30 AM »
The game can't presently handle expansions and probably won't for some time (if ever) just due to the sheer logistics involved in it.  It's hard enough to find capacities for any given time, let alone for various points throughout history, for all but a very small  handful of airports.

I could seem some airports that are in the construction or even advanced planning stages for opening in the 2010-2012 timeframe being included at some point if Sami can get enough info, but I doubt he'd be looking much further out than that into the world of hypotheticals.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:05:43 AM »
Will Bangkok have two airports?

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 01:12:05 AM »
Will Bangkok have two airports?

i think it still does. :P

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
When the new airport open, it will serve as the primary airport and the old one will be converted into a skypark serving private jets... ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.