Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Please add more slot into airport.  (Read 1636 times)

Offline ehcydotcom

• Members
Please add more slot into airport.
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:46:04 AM »
Sami please add more slot into my base airport Bangkok Don Muang as i have so many new aircraft to arrive but no slot available. If the airport is over crowded please upgrade the airport instead or maybe move to new airport Suvarnabhumi.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Please add more slot into airport.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 02:38:48 AM »
Sorry, but tight capacity is just one of the problems that many airlines face.  The risk of buying too many aircraft for your slots is just that -- a risk.

Near as I can tell, the number of slots that sami's got in the system looks appropriate for that airport.  Based on what little I could find in the 2003-2005 range, Don Muang had a capacity of about 60 arr/dep per hour.  That works out to 30 in AWS as only departures are counted here.  Sami's got it set for 24 right now, and with capacity growth that occurs every year, you'll be at least at the 30 within the next 12-15 years.

And it'd be a little difficult to move you to Suvarnabhumi as that airport doesn't open for almost 15 more years in-game.

I'm surprised that, this far into the game, there's still 7 competitors there.  That's where all your slots are at.  You're gonna have to work on trying to run some of those out of business and free up some slots.

Offline ehcydotcom

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 03:25:02 AM »
This gonna be a big problem for my airlines. I still have 30+ new aircraft on order and there are a lot of destination not serve yet. That mean the demand is there but we cannot serve because restricted by infrastructure. Actually in Don Muang only 4 airlines are the major player the rest are smaller airlines.

I dunno why they choose Don Muang. We have almost 234 planes(Just the 4 major airlines including my airlines) based over there haven't add up new plane order. I think after add up new order it will be 300 planes to be base in Don Muang in future. They should choose Kuala Lumpur instead. Kuala Lumpur has only 43 planes based over there. It is over crowded over Don Muang not good for new airlines as the 4 major player has served Short-Haul destination and Long-Haul destination is going to serve soon as large order on B747-400, A330 & A340 waiting to come. Plus the 4 major airlines are renewing their fleet into newer aircraft.

I dont have the choice because i started at Don Muang since the beginning of the game. If i have choice i will choose Kuala Lumpur.

Offline [ATA] - lilius

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:51:38 AM »
Have you considered setting up a second base in any of the smaller airports of thailand? You could try to move your smaller aircrafts to another smaller airport with demand for those and free up slots to the big birds you have ordered for long haul from BKK.

jest

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 08:54:34 AM »
Sorry, but tight capacity is just one of the problems that many airlines face.  The risk of buying too many aircraft for your slots is just that -- a risk.

Near as I can tell, the number of slots that sami's got in the system looks appropriate for that airport.  Based on what little I could find in the 2003-2005 range, Don Muang had a capacity of about 60 arr/dep per hour.  That works out to 30 in AWS as only departures are counted here.  Sami's got it set for 24 right now, and with capacity growth that occurs every year, you'll be at least at the 30 within the next 12-15 years.

And it'd be a little difficult to move you to Suvarnabhumi as that airport doesn't open for almost 15 more years in-game.

I'm surprised that, this far into the game, there's still 7 competitors there.  That's where all your slots are at.  You're gonna have to work on trying to run some of those out of business and free up some slots.

Just a small note saying that slot increase does not occur every year. In fact at my homebase it started at 24 and it is now, 4 or 5 years later, at 25

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:41 PM »
Don't base at crowded airports?  ;)
Beta Tester

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 01:24:29 PM »
Just a small note saying that slot increase does not occur every year. In fact at my homebase it started at 24 and it is now, 4 or 5 years later, at 25

It does increase every year, but based on my observations, it's just a percentage of what's already there and doesn't always equal to a full slot in every calendar year.  So, while a very large airport with over 50 slots per hour might see an increase every 12-24 months (we've seen 2 slot increases at DFW in MT#2 already for example), an airport with 12 slots per hour might not see one for 10 years.

That's why I said that you'd go from 24 to 30 slots per hour within 12-15 years, as I was figuring on a slot every couple years (guessing based on my experience with 50+ slot airports).  You're saying it's more like every 4 years with a baseline of 24, so he'd probably see 27 slots by then.

Still, nothing to shake a stick at -- that's 72 flights per day possible.  If they're long-range or really long-range flights, that could take anywhere from 70 to 150 planes to use up.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »
Guys, this is why the A380 was made.  It isn't because it is more efficient, it is because there were more people that needed to get from A to B and there were no slots.

As much as we'd like, you can't just use fiat power to add a 3rd runway to LHR either.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 07:58:55 AM »
I wouldn't recommend setting up at Kuala Lumpur where I am based either as all demand on routes reachable is generally already over-supplied by my airline. 6 airlines have come and gone since I started up as they try to be too ambitious and suffer the consequences

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 06:56:29 PM »
It does increase every year, but based on my observations, it's just a percentage of what's already there and doesn't always equal to a full slot in every calendar year.  So, while a very large airport with over 50 slots per hour might see an increase every 12-24 months (we've seen 2 slot increases at DFW in MT#2 already for example), an airport with 12 slots per hour might not see one for 10 years.

That's why I said that you'd go from 24 to 30 slots per hour within 12-15 years, as I was figuring on a slot every couple years (guessing based on my experience with 50+ slot airports).  You're saying it's more like every 4 years with a baseline of 24, so he'd probably see 27 slots by then.

Still, nothing to shake a stick at -- that's 72 flights per day possible.  If they're long-range or really long-range flights, that could take anywhere from 70 to 150 planes to use up.

I just wonder is the simulation so real that not only the runway slot but the ramp conditions and spaces will be considered too ;)

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
The apron capacity modelling is planned for the future :)

No, and that is not even the intention. And intention is either not to calculate how many planes are at the apron at the same time as that's as impossible as the true capacity too.

It will be based on airport size / volume etc, and is a generic number like the slot count. But idea is just to model how many planes can be theoretically parked at the airport (minus the few planes that overnight elsewhere etc..) thus creating the value on how many planes all airlines combined can base at each airport.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 06:54:56 PM »
The apron capacity modelling is planned for the future

Has to be noted that it will not be based on real figures like the runway slots, since getting that apron data would be impossible. It will be a generic 'math based' number, and will be used only to count the max. num. of aircraft to be allowed to be based of each airport (which in turn removes the top20 rule).

Offline Laama

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 09:00:08 AM »
How long does it usually take for unused slots to be released back to the "slot pool"?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »
How long does it usually take for unused slots to be released back to the "slot pool"?

If they're released (including through bankruptcy), its' instantaneous.

If they're just unused -- i.e. someone cancels a flight but chooses not to release the slot or creates a route and never flies it -- they have, I believe it's 8 game-weeks to use the slot else it will be returned to the public pool.

George McMeekin

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »
need more slots at Dublin aswell.....can't buy aircraft because there is not enough slots to make the aircraft profitable.....i.e., only slots from 0.00 to 03.00!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.