Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A-B-C-B-A route  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Robster_9

• Members
A-B-C-B-A route
« on: May 23, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »
I've tried to open a 3 legged Route in S. Africa (Durban-Port Elizabeth-Cape Town).  However, it looks like the system is only allowing a technical stop with no new passengers allowed at Port Elizabeth.  I cannot un-check the box that would allow me to pick up passengers.  Is this just part of the new version or I am just missing something in how to set up a route?  Any help is appreciated?

• Former member
Re: A-B-C-B-A route
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
You are correct. The B in ABCBA routes in the new version can only be a tech stop. While we've lost the ability to do true ABCBA routes, we are now able to open multiple hubs as the game progresses (look in the manual for more info on this). I think you'll agree that this is a good tradeoff!

Offline Robster_9

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »
Ok Auerbachs..thanks.  BTW, I am in agreement!

Offline Swi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 09:14:43 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that the 'search airport' doesn't take these settings in account when creating a new route?

For example, my plane can go 400 miles and I want to create a route with a destination of 750 miles (C). Hence, I want to refuel somewhere in the middle.
When creating this new route, I can set the destination (so I choose the 'C' airport) and then choose the second (B) as a 'refuel stop'. However, the search provided there is based on the distance from the destination airport, not from the departing one. And when I select any airport somewhere in the middle, it tells me that I cannot use the destination (C) as the refueling airport (cannot use large airport for refueling).

Doing it the other way around, so first entering the refueling (B) airport and then the final destination (C); I cannot see the passenger demand from A to C but it shows me the demand from B to C.

Am I correct or am I missing something here?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »
Its usually best to figure out where you want to fly (A-C) then figure out a suitable tech stop that doesn't add miles to the trip.  Its usually best to know your geography and what airlines do in the real world.

A few examples from north america -

To Asia - Stopover in PANC or PACD
To Europe - Stopover in EINN
To Australia - Stopover at PHNL

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.