Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: CI too low  (Read 568 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
CI too low
« on: May 23, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
my CI is very low... but I've almost no problems on my routes (no delays and no cancelations) ... and I try using only new planes (trying, it's not yet done) ... but I can't get higher than 25-30 ... I also run some marketing campains, but they're extremly expensive... and after all I'm not generating enough money... but the CI is what I'm interested in knowing, why this is so slow...

auerbacs

• Former member
Re: CI too low
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
CI goes up relatively slowly no matter how much you're spending on marketing. Also, the number of route pairs you has factors in to the cost of marketing, so marketing will seem relatively more expensive for a regional airline (that has many routes) than a larger airline that serves less destinations but with larger planes. What type of airline are you running and what marketing level (my base country, internet and newspapers, for example) do you have going?

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »
I try to fly on domestic US-routes... I tryed also to fly smaller routes, but I stopped that... so, currently I'm flying MD83/DC94 ... mostly...

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »
CI ONLY goes up with Marketing spend.

All the on-time flights, all the new equipment, all the non-cancelled flights in the world won't make it go up one bit.  They make it go down if they're (really) bad.  But never up.

If you want a higher CI you're gonna have to spend money on it.  And, yes, it's expensive.  For me to get north of 90 requires making Marketing spend my single largest expense -- more than fuel, more than salaries, more than anything else.

Remember, your CI Marketing spend is a function of the number of routes you operate.  So if you fly a lot of routes (i.e. a more regional operation) you may as well give up on ever getting a CI of 100, or probably even much more than 60-70.  The easiest way to get to a CI of 100 with the most minimal expense possible is to fly the fewest number of densest route that you can -- so that you're moving the same pax on 4 routes as someone else is on 40 routes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.