Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot costs painful :(  (Read 1370 times)

munipandita

• Former member
Slot costs painful :(
« on: May 22, 2010, 05:25:21 PM »
Hi all..

I am here to complain about the slot costs!!

I am based at ZGHA - Changsha Huanghua in Chine..

And, to schedule an everyday flight i spend 42 000 USD!!! What the hell..

I spend more money opening a route than leasing a plane.. =/

And this airport is a mid-sized airport... damn it

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slot costs painful :(
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
only 42000? :p

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
Hi all..

I am here to complain about the slot costs!!

I am based at ZGHA - Changsha Huanghua in Chine..

And, to schedule an everyday flight i spend 42 000 USD!!! What the hell..

I spend more money opening a route than leasing a plane.. =/

And this airport is a mid-sized airport... damn it

The $42,000 slot costs are an upfront cost only.  You'll pay them a single time.  So you can't compare them to a leasing cost that goes on forever.

And, as sami said, only $42,000? ;)  I spend upwards of $1M for every route I open.

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
only 42000? :p

Well.. the airports i open the routes don't charge me...

I know there are several discounts.. etc.. but..
And, as sami said, only $42,000? ;)  I spend upwards of $1M for every route I open.

Ok.. i'll forget this money... hahaha  ;D

netforce

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Even though Im a newbie (btw, great sim!), I agree with Sigma and sami... only 42k? be happy you get it that cheap! :-)

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 10:06:20 AM »
I paid 600k+ for slots in KATL, and another 500k+ for slots return from KORD, just for one route...
Lunar Airways

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:01:23 PM »
My base is even more painful......somebody use YS-11 and DC-9 to run the route amount RJTT-RJOO, used 70 slots everyday. There are so many demand for him to run his route, but the cost is I can only hardly find a slot to run any flight ;) I know it is legal in AWS but it really suck for me ;)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 01:11:54 PM »
My base is even more painful......somebody use YS-11 and DC-9 to run the route amount RJTT-RJOO, used 70 slots everyday. There are so many demand for him to run his route, but the cost is I can only hardly find a slot to run any flight ;) I know it is legal in AWS but it really suck for me ;)

That's borderline "legal" in AWS really.

The actual rule states:

The airline is also forbidden to acquire aircraft and route them so that the only purpose is to get airport slots and preserve them for future use.

So you can't go buy a lot of Cessnas and use up 500 slots in Heathrow flying to Paris, for example.  It's one thing to upgrade from, say, A300s to A380s as time goes on; quite another to steal the slots with Cessnas and upgrade to A300s in a year or whatever.

Unfortunately it's impossible to prove, right now, that his intent is to simply reappropriate those slots later.  It certainly looks that way, particularly due to the YS-11 usage.  But one can't really prove it.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 02:47:22 PM »

The actual rule states:

So you can't go buy a lot of Cessnas and use up 500 slots in Heathrow flying to Paris, for example.  It's one thing to upgrade from, say, A300s to A380s as time goes on; quite another to steal the slots with Cessnas and upgrade to A300s in a year or whatever.

Unfortunately it's impossible to prove, right now, that his intent is to simply reappropriate those slots later.  It certainly looks that way, particularly due to the YS-11 usage.  But one can't really prove it.
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline175
I saw he has smallest orders is A320 but no related orders on YS-11's replacement

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »
My base is even more painful......somebody use YS-11 and DC-9 to run the route amount RJTT-RJOO, used 70 slots everyday. There are so many demand for him to run his route, but the cost is I can only hardly find a slot to run any flight Wink I know it is legal in AWS but it really suck for me Wink

The actual rule states:

Hi type45, I believe I'm the one you're referring to.  :-[

I'm not deliberately trying to soak up slots.  The YS-11s and DC-9s were all I could get off the used market when I originally scheduled the route.  Given the choice between running tiny aircraft and running none, I chose the tiny aircraft.  Real life has unfortunately since placed large demands on my time and dragged me away from the game a bit, and I haven't had the time to sort out my schedule on to new aircraft completely.  Hopefully I'll manage to find some time tonight or tomorrow to work on it some more, and I promise to make the RJOO route my top priority.  Hopefully that'll free up enough slots to make your life a little easier  :)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:23 PM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline175
I saw he has smallest orders is A320 but no related orders on YS-11's replacement

I was originally going to replace them with the ATRs that I've got, but I decided that they were way too small for Haneda and used them at my Fukuoka hub instead.  As per my last post, I've been meaning to free up some of the slots you want now that I've got bigger aircraft, I just haven't had the time to figure out all the times and make the huge number of mouse clicks necessarily.  Hopefully will get to it tonight or tomorrow.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »
Hi type45, I believe I'm the one you're referring to.  :-[

I'm not deliberately trying to soak up slots.  The YS-11s and DC-9s were all I could get off the used market when I originally scheduled the route.  Given the choice between running tiny aircraft and running none, I chose the tiny aircraft.  Real life has unfortunately since placed large demands on my time and dragged me away from the game a bit, and I haven't had the time to sort out my schedule on to new aircraft completely.  Hopefully I'll manage to find some time tonight or tomorrow to work on it some more, and I promise to make the RJOO route my top priority.  Hopefully that'll free up enough slots to make your life a little easier  :)
Well.....I do not expect to get your respon so quick and in a positive way ;) but anyway I'm looking forward to use those slots 8)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.