Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: So who are all the regional airlines out there and where are you based?  (Read 3771 times)

tidelover05

• Former member
Just curious...

Talentz

• Former member
*Raises hand*

Im a little airline based in POP.

- Talentz

sittingbull

• Former member
KPHX   for  me   13 saab2000  1  737   Making  i nice Little profit .

will  open i second base soon i hope   

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
I still consider myself as a regional airline as I have 3 hubs in Europe.... And 96% of my flights cover distances below 700 NM.

Offline Daveos

• Members
I am operating the regional arm of NorgeFly in Bodo and Tromso.

Offline JJP

• Members
Gateway Express based at St. Louis, MO in USA.  I've done pretty well for being based at a relatively small airport (compared to some!).   :)

munipandita

• Former member
Gateway Express based at St. Louis, MO in USA.  I've done pretty well for being based at a relatively small airport (compared to some!).   :)

Regional with 4 B757 on order?  :P

I'm Catita Express, doing great in Mactan - Cebu, Philipines, with AVRO RJ, and soon Embrar E-JETS...

Catita Express

Offline ekaneti

• Members
I am Fiji Airways in Nadi.

I have 5 EMB-120ERs and 2 Saab2000

I am making 400-500k per week

Offline ekaneti

• Members
oh yes, I consistently finish in the top 10 in profit margin :laugh:

munipandita

• Former member
oh yes, I consistently finish in the top 10 in profit margin :laugh:

You are just behind me!

I am the 3rd, and you, the 4th...  :P Lets see what hapens hehehe

munipandita

• Former member
Well.. I had to close down my airline because the country was too limited.. But i'll be back here soon =P

Offline apenfold

• Members
Highland Airways, based at EGPD (Aberdeen).

Been running at a loss for a while but adjustment of certain aspects, a complete rescheduling and a tax rebate has seen HLA return to profitability and 'into the black' in terms of cash.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
*Raises hand*

Im a little airline based in POP.

- Talentz

I love how you classify 14x B747s and 5x B777s with 7 more on order, a regional airline..... ::)

Bettyb

• Former member
regional here, based at Jersey UK
growing fleet of saab2000

Talentz

• Former member
I stated I was a small airline...  ;) 

Although at the time I posted that I had more ERJs then widebodies   :laugh:

regional here, based at Jersey UK
growing fleet of saab2000

Those Saabs work much better, eh?  :)

- Talentz

Bettyb

• Former member
saabs are working a dream.
worked out that from the saabs speed i can get an extra flight a day than a dash8/ATR

strange that they only made a small number of them

Offline JJP

• Members
Regional with 4 B757 on order?  :P

Um, I have 1 hub in the U.S. from a relatively small airport, and I my routes don't even reach the West Coast!  If Southwest Airlines is considered a regional carrier, then mine certainly would be categorized as such.   Besides, the OP asked for regional carriers NOT commuter lines.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
I'm a regional airline, too. I have ATR-72 AND Dash8-Q400!

Offline Sigma

• Members
Um, I have 1 hub in the U.S. from a relatively small airport, and I my routes don't even reach the West Coast!  If Southwest Airlines is considered a regional carrier, then mine certainly would be categorized as such.   Besides, the OP asked for regional carriers NOT commuter lines.

Wha?  Southwest Airlines hasn't been considered a "Regional" carrier in decades.

For an airline to be considered "Regional" today (in the US, by the FAA, but similiarly throughout the world) it must generally fly aircraft of more than 10 and less than 100 seats.

A "Commuter" airline operates aircraft that are much smaller and operates none of them with required flight attendant service.

Bettyb

• Former member
For regional routes: lets say with a bit of competition on a route, would passengers rather fly jet than prob? does the game take this into account?
Looking at my saab only fleet and tempted to get a few crj's for longer routes to speed them up and also help out on busier or competitive routes

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.