Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Mad fuel prices!  (Read 2601 times)

Filippo

• Former member
Re: Mad fuel prices!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »
Does the system calculate that fuel is more expensive in some places than in others? Eg fuel prices on islands will be higher than on land or the fuel price in France would be higher than the one in Russia.

How much are you paying for your fuel now? As of the 21st Feb 2001 I am paying $489 in HNL.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 06:16:08 PM »
Nope - and this is one of the big problems soviet aircraft have  ;)

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
Does anyone remember where the price goes after this? I hope it's just a spike! I don't remember it at this hight until 2005.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »
Does anyone remember where the price goes after this? I hope it's just a spike! I don't remember it at this hight until 2005.

It's a custom setting in this game, so there is no way of knowing.  It's a "Medium" game, so it won't be that high, that's for sure.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »
I would plan for no higher then 550$. In 7 months 9/11 pax decrease factors into the equation.

Call it custom or what not, fuel is still acting the way it does normally in theses ATB games. Fuel spike till 9/11, pax and fuel drop afterward...

Unless fuel stays high after 9/11... but high fuel and pax demand drop together wouldn't be a "medium" difficulty game now would it?  ;)

- Talentz

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 02:34:25 AM »
To be honest the fuel prices are great. It's clearing out the mis-manged riff raff. I expect less than 500 players in this game world by 2002 and that number will continue to decrease until by 2010 we will probably only have the ~50 players who started on Feb 1 1998.

Until a way is figured out to remove the absolute advantage of starting when the game world opens, you will see this trend continue: max players in the first 2-3 years, then dwindling until the only people left in game are the ones who started when the game world did. The #1 issue with game balance is you aren't going very far if you started after Feb '98. There are no airlines in ATB with +100M CV that started later than Feb 1. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

Jupiter

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:12 AM »
To be honest the fuel prices are great. It's clearing out the mis-manged riff raff. I expect less than 500 players in this game world by 2002 and that number will continue to decrease until by 2010 we will probably only have the ~50 players who started on Feb 1 1998.

Until a way is figured out to remove the absolute advantage of starting when the game world opens, you will see this trend continue: max players in the first 2-3 years, then dwindling until the only people left in game are the ones who started when the game world did. The #1 issue with game balance is you aren't going very far if you started after Feb '98. There are no airlines in ATB with +100M CV that started later than Feb 1. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

I'm not sure the advantage is THAT extreme.

In Jet Age, for example, I started 5.5 years late... and am currently 10th out of 150+ airlines in terms of CV.

I suppose that the advantage will be greater than in old versions of the game though, as it's possible to join an old game at an airport where a company didn't work out or retired and thus has plenty of free demand... in 1.2, that would just mean someone will start a new hub there.

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 04:43:24 AM »
I'm not sure the advantage is THAT extreme.

In Jet Age, for example, I started 5.5 years late... and am currently 10th out of 150+ airlines in terms of CV.

I suppose that the advantage will be greater than in old versions of the game though, as it's possible to join an old game at an airport where a company didn't work out or retired and thus has plenty of free demand... in 1.2, that would just mean someone will start a new hub there.

Prove me wrong. I would have you BK and restart, then tell me your Feb '98 start date wasn't "game winning", depending of course on your own personal criteria. If you open when the game world does you can max profits for the first 6 months and dominate the viable production lines afterwards. Thats the advantage, period. Like I said, I'm not complaining. I don't personally want a game that starts at 0; I greatly prefer to have to carve out a niche and survive. I'm saying for most of the players that ARE complaining, it's a case where in order to be hugely successful (again, personal criteria apply) with a large route network and modern fleet, you pretty much had to start when ATB did. Otherwise you're just doing the best you can to survive.

This, and the other, 1.2 game worlds are barely 15% complete though. It might be quite easy to do as you described in the 50-75% stage; nobody really knows for sure. However, the trend so far suggests that this is not the case. Have you taken the time to imagine if you'd opened your airline with fuel at ~500, viable new productions lines dominated until ~2003, a still-very-much-competitive used aircraft market, and the threat of 9/11 looming just a few months away? While I may not be in a terrible position myself, it's by no means a stretch to sympathize with the players that ARE in this exact situation.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.