Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Petition to OPEC.  (Read 788 times)

landrover714

• Former member
Petition to OPEC.
« on: May 20, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
I realize that fuel is set to custom...but really?  Save your explanations and what not and just admit you all cringe every week as fuel skyrockets.  If the system is going to be worse than historical prices, which it is, then custom fuel prices are really no benefit and the competitive edge this factor adds to the game will be void when everyone goes bankrupt when fuel reaches $1000 a barrel.  Let's have jumbo's fuel consumption set to custom and burn say, 3 gallons per hour?  Just a small gripe, I love this game.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Petition to OPEC.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »
I realize that fuel is set to custom...but really?  Save your explanations and what not and just admit you all cringe every week as fuel skyrockets.  If the system is going to be worse than historical prices, which it is, then custom fuel prices are really no benefit and the competitive edge this factor adds to the game will be void when everyone goes bankrupt when fuel reaches $1000 a barrel.  Let's have jumbo's fuel consumption set to custom and burn say, 3 gallons per hour?  Just a small gripe, I love this game.

The "benefit" of custom fuel prices has absolutely nothing at all to do with making them low.  It has to do with making them unpredictable.  That's the entire reason the feature was implemented.

The game is rated "Easy/Medium", so I'm sure fuel prices won't be getting that high and certainly not for that long -- fuel pricing is the primary determinate of difficulty, so I'm sure sami's got it set rather low.  Prices over $1000 aren't at all uncommon in the game and it isn't until things approach $1500 where people have problems.  Just remember to keep your pricing updated.  Default pricing adjusts to consume a large percentage of the fuel price increases.  As long as you keep your default pricing going up, high fuel pricing really isn't that hard to deal with until, as I said, it surpasses $1500.

And remember, the price displayed isn't "per barrel", so don't think because it says "$1000" it's way outside the realm of reality.  The price displayed is "Per 1000kg" -- which is WAY more than a barrel.  Divide the displayed price by a factor of about 10 to get what it would roughly be "per barrel".

alex11369

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »
I feel like we are ,all of us, as mouths in laboratory :laugh:

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
Hmm...  didn't realize till reading this thread that fuel has risen quite bit... never really cared because my profit kept rising each week too...

Guess I should start phasing out the SPs... hate those damn aircraft!  >:(

Talentz

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
lol when the fuel rises to 1k/1000 kg, just raise prices, keep fleet commonality costs low (keep your fleet simple, don't order new aircraft or fleet types for that matter) and cut services if the plane isn't making par. i don't know about you, but the fuel costs won't really effect anyone that planned it out. :P

Cheers,
ICEcold

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 07:16:23 PM »

The game is rated "Easy/Medium", so I'm sure fuel prices won't be getting that high and certainly not for that long -- fuel pricing is the primary determinate of difficulty, so I'm sure sami's got it set rather low. 

ATB and MT are medium difficulty. They used to be easy/medium  ;)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »
The fuel probably started so low (~200USD) to make it easy to start out... now prices are steadily rising and I am seeing the costs grow more on my income statement. Increase in fuel is in line with my increase in profit margins so still making same amount of money for now, but I wonder how high it will get and if it will BK a lot of people.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.