» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Low PAX  (Read 721 times)

luczian

• Former member
Low PAX
« on: May 20, 2010, 07:43:41 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a question.

I have recently opened up a domestic route, offering about 200 seats (Y+C) on a demand of more than 600 pax daily. I have absolutely no competition at all. Although I'm operating to this destination for more than two weeks, I can't get passed 30% in every class load factor.

I have general marketing campaigns in my base country and a company image of around 76 and in the past, when I used to open new routes, the load factor started immediately from 60-70%.

What could be the problem?  ???

Offline Unbornio

• Members
Re: Low PAX
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
Price?
Beta Tester

luczian

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:41:43 AM »
It was the default price.

Anyway, I cut about 30% off the prices and I can see an improvement of only 8% in the load factors.

Offline JonnyAngel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »
Are you marketing on the route? Do a route specific campaign. That might help. I noticed that its way harder to get your loads up without adding it in.

I've been just adding Newspaper and Internet advertising to any 'failure to thrive' routes and it helps.

As an fyi, if a competitor starts flying on a route, I actually have found that the added campaign helps more than a price cut.

luczian

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
I'll try that one, too.

Thanks for the tip! :)

parche

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 06:06:19 AM »
Are you flying exactly 2 aircraft on this route? If so, I believe that it is a bug. I have found that if I start a route with 2 aircraft at the same real time (in other words, within the same game day), both planes will always have appalling yield (~30%). What's more, they stay at that level, seemingly never to improve.

However, if one of the flights is canceled, whether manually be scheduling or automatically by a flight cancellation, the yields will start to normalized. Furthermore, if in the beginning you start the route with the 2 planes on different game days, one after the other, then yields will be normal.

I first experienced this bug when sami changed the yield calculations in the beginning stages of ATB. I reported it, but it seemingly hasn't been fixed. I experienced it again the other day on one of my transatlantic flights.

parche

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 06:09:02 AM »
Sorry, not 2 aircraft. I meant exactly two routes to the same destination.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 06:16:32 AM »
What times of the day are you flying?

Your LF numbers sound like what I get if a flight starts before 5am or after 12am.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.