Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Just cant make it  (Read 1049 times)

Bettyb

• Former member
Just cant make it
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:03:17 AM »
Ok normally I need a few goes to get an airline off the ground but with this game i've just not been able to do it: had to close about 5 airlines down as just cant do it. I've tried every model: jets flying short routes, jets flying long routes, regional stuff, longer stuff with props, different airports..........

Ive just started a new airline (Air Jersey), anyone wanting to give me any tips of how to make this airline last at least a year? I know that i've made it hard for myself setting up at a small airport.

Talentz

• Former member
Re: Just cant make it
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:34:31 AM »
Hello

Umm first question is... did you re-configure all those -300s? Because not many people will fly a new company (low RI and CI) with high density seating. That's probably why your past regional airlines have died. You need to at least get the pax comfort to "fair". Dunno how many seats that would be.. I assume 50Y would do it.

Also, you really should "fill" the demand up. Southampton can go to 4x daily. That will raise RI much quicker (thus better profits over time). Don't fly all over the place. Focus your routing a few medium density routes. Don't try to fly 25x daily to one city.. but don't fly 1x daily to 5 different cities either.

Shoot for 4-6x daily per city... it will help raise your RI yet keep route fees low.

Try that and see where it leads you.

Talentz

Bettyb

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:46:59 AM »
Thanks,
i think that may have been my problem, focus all over the place so all my routes end up with low RI.
i've got the config to fair

Bettyb

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
Should say, as found it interesting,

the Dash8-300B at standard economy seats give a fair rating.
The dash8-33E at standard economy seats give a good rating.
Both are 48 seats

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:58:45 AM »
No idea. Don't think I've ever used them before. I prefer Saab 2000 as a 51 seat regional.

I have noticed that the -300 seats 54 yet the -300A/B/E seat 53... weird -_-"

Talentz

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 07:01:19 PM »
And if you can, make sure your flights run 7 days a week. :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:25 PM »
P.S. Night flights don't do well unless its like LAX-EWR for a red-eye so they arrive at EWR during the beginning of the day. Don't do short hops after 2300 seems to be the going standard, I believe. But Long Haul would be ok for night flts.

Bettyb

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »
I had noticed on previous games flights happening after 0000 were running with fares 75% lower and making very little.
This time im at Jersey which is only open 6am till 9pm so i'll stick within those hours i think

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.