Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lounges & FF schemes?  (Read 852 times)

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
Lounges & FF schemes?
« on: May 17, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »
These would also reflect the real world out there with Premium Economy travel booming for real travel these days. This was started  15 yrs ago, so to add a separate PE section maybe an alternative to Business class?
Being able to build & fund lounges, basic to deluxe, could be easily incorporated into the game, FF programs, higher luggage allowances, offset by greater fuel burn, as with denser loads.
Cargo would be a very interesting realism hopefully to come. Many Airlines still make more from Cargo in today's Airlines than passengers, with KLM for eg, running Combi 747;s still to Asia.

Still think we could do more with our Home bases in the games, but the work that has gone into AirwaySim is pretty amazing already, & in a constant development. I hope some of our ideas will come to reality in future games...

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: Lounges & FF schemes?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:53:29 PM »
Uh, you have an interesting idea, but sami is getting a bit sick and tired of whats going on "in the real world".  I dunno, sami? Seems unimportant at this point, but maybe in the future? We are a mimic game and new advances come very slowly.

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:06:09 AM »
Sami has mentioned he has no current intention of putting premium economy in. It's probably because you can actually use it in the game RIGHT NOW. Yes. Right now. To further mimic real life, up the price  ;D.
Beta Tester

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:43:42 AM »
BUT...will the game know the difference between premium Y and standard Y and therefore price accordingly? Sure you can charge more, but I don't think in the game its knows the difference. So charging a higher fare for a Y class seat that isn't being desginated as more special than regular sounds iffy. Sure you can charge whatever you like, but it still comes thru as plain old Y. If we were to do premium Y then a P designation should be made just like F, C, and Y, so you can justify the higher fare rather than arbitrarily assuming the system is going to pick up on that for you. Its all looks the same in Y as far as the automated part of the game goes. Ill take the less expensive seat thank you. Perhaps the computer picks up on it if you have your aircraft configured like that. I'm not sure, but I think not.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:46:51 AM by L1011fan »

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »
As for Premium Economy, I think managing 3 classes is enough for me. 4 would just over complicate it IMO... demand, aircraft configuration and many other things would have to be re-thought out. You could replicate a Premium Economy service by using premium Y class seats or using high density C class seats if you wanted it.

Having airport lounges in your bases would be cool but I'm not sure what benefit they could offer. Never know, we might see them included when they update aircraft configuration's entertainment and include lounges as part of the F class "package" making it more appealing to pax.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »
As for Premium Economy, I think managing 3 classes is enough for me. 4 would just over complicate it IMO... demand, aircraft configuration and many other things would have to be re-thought out. You could replicate a Premium Economy service by using premium Y class seats or using high density C class seats if you wanted it.

Having airport lounges in your bases would be cool but I'm not sure what benefit they could offer. Never know, we might see them included when they update aircraft configuration's entertainment and include lounges as part of the F class "package" making it more appealing to pax.
Agreed, since the software cannot distinguish between standard Y and premium Y, go with standard. Youll have empty planes charging $900 for a Y seat. Get more money out of your planes. This is not "Field of Dreams". If you offer it, they probably wont come.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:57:52 PM by L1011fan »

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
And YES! 3 classes to deal with is quite enough. Just get some C class on your planes and you'll make some bucks. But go with standard Y. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.