Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Heres one to ponder for all of ya...  (Read 870 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Heres one to ponder for all of ya...
« on: May 13, 2010, 08:11:22 PM »
has anybody tried running an airline on all 720-B's or similar? They're everywhere! Could work ok on longer stages. THERE AVAIALBLE ALL THE TIME :laugh:! Total fleet commonlity. Hmmmm.... :-\ Just thinking out loud.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Heres one to ponder for all of ya...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:29 PM »
Let me know before you do and I will invest in Oil futures.

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:16:23 PM »
I'm with swift on this one. The only time this was a good idea would have been about 30 game years ago ::)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
Oh I know. Just my jab at how hard it is to get decent aircraft, but YOU CAN GET 720-B'S! :laugh: C'mon everyone, laugh with me! What else are ya gonna do?

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »
P.S. Pretty much done with most seriousness here, at least for one day.

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 10:13:11 PM »
Maybe if you could convert them to tankers and lease them out to various air forces of the world, if only that was simulated  :D

I felt sorry for one 707 the other day that just wouldn't sell. I watched it sit in used a/c market for almost 8 hours, hoping on every refresh that somehow, somewhere it had found a home. In the end someone got it though so, in this game world at least, even the bastards of the sky do end up finding a home eventually. This does not include russian a/c however, as those seem to be in the game purely for reference purposes only ("You could save X amount of fuel by NOT operating a Tu-124!")

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 11:16:34 PM »
Now thats a cool idea. Tanker leases! Yes , in fact I did see that one 707 just sitting there. Kinda sad really.  The one type that I will say has been lacking for an extremely long time are MD-80 series aircraft on the used market. I think I saw one a couple of weeks ago. No MD-80 anythings for a long time. Or else they're putting them out when the Western US/Canada is fast asleep, LOL! (Hmmm, thinking conspiracy theory here :laugh:).
Then we'll hear, "Well I just got 3 MD-81's just yesterday."  :laugh:
 The whole thing is just so freakin' funny now. :laugh:
I just have to laugh, I can't get very serious about this any more. Maybe tomorrow I'll be serious. We'll see. Maybe not?
Is there any russian aircraft that any one actually likes or are they there to take up space? I think one guy has a love affair with the TU-204 or something. ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:20:03 PM by L1011fan »

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
I really haven't seen any MD-80 variants in the last 2-3 days, but to be honest I'm not on the watch for them either. Like sami said in another thread though, it's random what dumps when the market refreshes so maybe the MD8x series is just getting the short end of the stick with the random number generator on that.

I was super tempted to try a handful of Yak-40s and MUHA (Havana) base in another game world just to find out if it was even remotely feasible. I chickened out though, the numbers are just terrible on those Russian a/c any way you try it ::) Maybe on high-cap, medium haul routes with fuel prices in the gutter, you might--might--be able to make a profit with them. But seriously...just walk away and wait for something better. You will lose less NOT operating an aircraft for 1-3 months than you would by picking any of them up and trying stop-get service until something better comes along. And game over if a plane requires a D check. Sorry Russia, but your aircraft are terrible (except the Su-37).

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 06:33:04 PM »
I know what you mean. I tried a northeast corridor with Yak-42's because I had more credits than brains at the time. LGA/DCA/BOS/MDW/etc... did fine for about 3 weeks, then, probably because if its russianess (is that a word?) it took a dump. Now I'm just taking any American built in suitable condition thats isn't a prop. Not too keen on Airbus. I like my pilots to be able to takeover in the case of an emergency. Hard to do in an Airbus with all the computer gadgetry. Thats my take on ot it and I read ALOT of aviation magazines. I mean that was awful for that A330 over the atlantic, but theres a chance it could have been under control with a 777 instead. Probably a big mammoth bolt of lightening hit the Airbus which can hurt alot of computer systems that maybe a pilot could have taken over with "good old fashioned flying". I dunno. I'm not saying I would NEVER get an airbus, but I have a definite preference just because that came out alot in the investigations that airbus's pretty much fly themselves. Good? Bad? Mmmmm...I dunno. I don't think its good not to give the flight deck full control on a moments notice. Again, only my opinion. Keep scathing comments to yourselves. It's only an opinion, folks! ;)

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 01:29:01 AM »
What exactly happened with the Yaks? Seems like as good a route setup as any to make some money with them if it's at all possible. I might be restarting in MT2 soon and I almost want to prove it can be done, somehow, somewhere. As if the game isn't challenging enough (which I love)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.