Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Can someone explain the new aircraft order system?  (Read 1422 times)

was1984

• Former member
Can someone explain the new aircraft order system?
« on: May 13, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »
I tried to search but didn't find anything directly related.  Can someone explain the workings of the new order system?  It seems like sometimes I add, say 5 new planes and they get put on the list right after my last set of purchases.  However, sometimes they will be placed like 6 months after my last purchase, even though the slots between purchases are completely/mostly vacant.  Is there some logic here that I'm not understanding?

matte629

• Former member
Re: Can someone explain the new aircraft order system?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
The aircraft producers want to keep a steady production rate so that the workers wil be standing without any work. And if an airiner comes up with a big order, the order is drag apart so that the producers can live on your order for a longer period of time.

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:19:14 AM »
I suppose I wasn't very clear with my question.  I understand that aircraft can only arrive about once a month give or take, but what I'm confused about is how the first delivery date is chosen.  Sometimes I'll order and my first delivery will be several months after many open slots are available.  This I don't understand.

matte629

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »
I guess that's about the same thing..

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »
You are ordering a model that is not yet certified?

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
No, I'm ordering a model that I've already ordered many of before.  For example one time I ordered a new batch of A300-600R's an area that was probably 75% vacant after my last order and placed the first plane 6 months later.

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 04:58:25 AM »
what he is asking is the following:

Lets say a plane can be produced at a rate of 10 planes per month.

He orders 10 planes, However, he is only getting 2 planes per month despite there are free slots for the whole month.

That is what he is asking. 

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 05:27:42 AM »
what he is asking is the following:

Lets say a plane can be produced at a rate of 10 planes per month.

He orders 10 planes, However, he is only getting 2 planes per month despite there are free slots for the whole month.

That is what he is asking. 

Actually I think he's asking something different:

Its January 1, and you place an order for A300s.  There are no other orders for A300s.  Yet your first delivery slot will be sometime in say, March.  How is this delay calculated?

Assuming I'm understanding the question right, my guess for the answer is that the delay represents the actual construction time of the aircraft...

Grimvisage

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 12:52:55 PM »
Actually I think he's asking something different:

Its January 1, and you place an order for A300s.  There are no other orders for A300s.  Yet your first delivery slot will be sometime in say, March.  How is this delay calculated?

Assuming I'm understanding the question right, my guess for the answer is that the delay represents the actual construction time of the aircraft...

That's the way I understood the question as well, though the OP may want to qualify it. In such case, it would indeed be actual construction time, which, if I understand it correctly, depends on size class: small is 1 month, medium is 2, large is 3, and very large is 4. So, essentially, there is a minimum amount of delay between order and delivery. That would mean that the delivery date is calculated according to how far along in the waiting line your plane is at the time when it is finished being constructed rather than at the time you purchase it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:55:28 PM by Grimvisage »

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »
Sorry that I'm so unclear!

Actually, what I mean is this:  Say I have 30 orders for an aircraft already in the queue that span the next 2 years of game time.  Now say I order an additional 10.  There are many vacant slots beginning 1 month after my last aircraft delivery, but the game instead skips a few hundred of these vacant slots and sticks my first aircraft several months after the last order, despite the fact that there are open slots.  This has happened to me several times.  I'm just trying to understand why.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »

Actually, what I mean is this:  Say I have 30 orders for an aircraft already in the queue that span the next 2 years of game time.  Now say I order an additional 10.  There are many vacant slots beginning 1 month after my last aircraft delivery, but the game instead skips a few hundred of these vacant slots and sticks my first aircraft several months after the last order, despite the fact that there are open slots.  This has happened to me several times.  I'm just trying to understand why.

That's...weird.  ???  I've never experienced that myself, and I'll venture out on a limb and guess that it's not supposed to work that way.  I'd post this in the bugs forum if you haven't already done so.

-Ryan

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 05:57:27 PM »
Happens to me as well.

Offline yevgeniy

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 07:40:45 PM »
Yep it always goes after the last order.

Only difference is when the order is for a new aircraft not in production yet.

I.E. I order A319, it will be delivered in one year, when production starts.
I then order an A320, it is delivered in a month, since it is already in production.

Otherwise it has always gone after the last one, and very very rarely does it ever move forward on the delivery date.

Grimvisage

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 01:23:49 AM »

Hmm, that sounds odd to me, too. Sami might reply to this thread with an explanation, but if not, you should probably post about it in the bug forum.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.