Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Overlapping A checks with <15 aircraft  (Read 718 times)

twothousandgt

• Former member
Overlapping A checks with <15 aircraft
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:26:12 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with overlapping A checks for similar or dissimilar aircraft types for the same time/day. Is there any penalty involved? I've avoided it naturally because it seemed logical, but the load forecasts with my route structure mean that it's much better financially speaking to have most of my aircraft in A checks at the same time. With slot prices at KPHX, I'm not in a huge hurry to experiment though :)

auerbacs

• Former member
Re: Overlapping A checks with <15 aircraft
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 02:29:11 AM »
I'm not aware of any downside whatsoever to overlapping A checks (or B, C, or D for that matter). I do it all the time...

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 02:32:49 AM »
Excellent, thanks. Was worried about overworked mechanics, but seems thats not yet simulated  ;D

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 03:07:35 AM »
Yeah, in the real world there probably is an added cost for trying to do all your A-checks at once. In the AWS world, scheduling would be an even bigger headache if we were also trying to avoid maintenance overlaps. So I say screw reality  :D

orionmco

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:59:28 AM »
LOL... I too have been avoiding overlapping too many because it just seemed logical.  I have half on saturday and half on sunday :P

matte629

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
I also avoid overlapping. Makes sense that mechanics can't split when there are different A-checks on the same time.  Ah, might continue with it anyway, it looks professional on the schedule.   :P

EDIT: But add it in the next version. Scheduling isn't supposed to be easy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:37:17 PM by matte629 »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.