Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help please, this is so frustrating!  (Read 2375 times)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: Help please, this is so frustrating!
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 02:54:55 AM »
Ok so I have 2 planes of 4 fleets. I'm losing money on random days, not at specific days of the week. But usually it is 2 random days a week where I lose a lot of money. If it was fleet commonality where I was losing then it would be a monthly thing.

I can almost guarantee you that at least one of those days is not random, its Tuesday.  All staff salaries are paid on Tuesday each week.  Staff training might be another culprit, it also all hits on one day, but since its so much smaller I've never paid enough attention to know which day that is.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:38 AM »
Some weeks it will be Tuesday, some it won't. But consistently 2 days a week. I will lose basically the rest of my weeks earnings.
No replacement for displacement

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 12:48:35 AM »
Checking the bottom line day-to-day is silly in my opinion. Even week-to-week can be completely misleading in terms of what's actually happening. Compare your line item costs for various time scales (Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly) to best determine where you're hemorrhaging.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 04:33:10 AM »
It has been posted on the forum a lot of times that  you simply need fleet commonality. Is it really that hard to understand that growing too fast will kill your airline?

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 03:56:49 AM »
Then what's deal with the 2 days a week losing of money?
No replacement for displacement

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 03:12:23 PM »
Then what's deal with the 2 days a week losing of money?

Over the course of a week, my cash will go down to levels lower than I started the week with, usually about Tuesday/Wednesday... but by the end of the week I am making profit overall, the revenue from flying those extra days fills in the holes.

Don't judge your performance day by day, as long as your making a weekly profit then things are okay, no matter what happens on a day by day basis.

As someone said before, not all expenses are paid evenly over the week... some are paid in lump sums on a certain day of the week, which would give you a drop.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »
you pay your staff and marketing costs on those days.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.