Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hub Confusion  (Read 658 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Hub Confusion
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:48:45 PM »
How many are we allowed now???? I am a tad confused. I thought that we were only allowed a second hub. 

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Hub Confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
hq + 3 with present settings.

(comments?)

ban2

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:43:22 PM »
looking forward to the extra competition that will happen.  Certainly going to add a lot of realism in my opinion as there will be lots of established routes.
 when people start up their next bases they'll have to think like start up airlines in the established market rather than sole routemasters.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:03:31 PM by ban2 »

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »
hq + 3 with present settings.

(comments?)

I think this system is fair as it allows for a compromise between a Southwest Airlines-style point-to-point route system with numerous hubs and the need to prevent a few airlines from dominating the world. I will say that I'm not sure that the aircraft limit is needed or if it is should be scaled and made to work with the idea to establish a maximum amount of planes that can be based at an airline. At present the limit of 70 airplanes per base seems a little low because 70 planes at an airport with 30 slots/hour vs. one with 50 or 60 slots/hour is a significant difference.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »
Sorry, I just thought that we had the main base and one hub.  This changes everything. 

There was some serious confusion in our alliance.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.