Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why can't i take out a loan?  (Read 611 times)

munipandita

• Former member
Why can't i take out a loan?
« on: May 09, 2010, 12:50:58 AM »
I was reading the topic "Millions in the red, yet still being able to order new aircraft?" [http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,21079.0.html]

and i am asking myself why i cannot take out a loan.. My profit is not thaat high.. i am making ~700 000 USD / week.. And i am stuck in the game waiting months to 1 aircraft to arrive.. and when i order 1 aircraft, i must wait few weeks to have the money again and order another aircraft.. and then the delivery date goes to.. well, years later..

What is wrong with my company that i cannot take out loans? I was thinking that companies with negative values aren't able to take out a loan.. but, seeing this topic, i think this is not true..

My value is bello 0 ( -2 000 000 aprox), but i have money in cash and my company is profitable!

Why is that?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Why can't i take out a loan?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 04:14:45 AM »
It matters what your profit margin is.

If you're making $700K/week, but it's taking you $30M in sales to make it, that's not that great (in this game, in reality that'd be exceptional), and the bank isn't going to loan you money.

The guys that manage huge loans early in the game put high-density planes on high-density routes with as many C/F seats as they can afford to, and the plane makes loads of cash.  Then the bank is willing to loan them lots of money to finance the aggressive expansion.

Cash on hand also plays a role.  The bank is much more willing to loan you money if you have lots of cash on hand than if you have little to none.  So, basically, the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.   There's a balance to strike between waiting a little while longer for the cash to come in and the amount of loan you'll get -- sometime I wait an extra real-life day if I think what I give up by waiting makes it worth it for the added loan I'll get because of having more cash on hand, making sure I look at my upcoming maintenances to make sure my margin will still stay high while I wait.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:18:20 AM by Sigma »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.