Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: used aircraft availability  (Read 929 times)

taylor.jp

• Former member
used aircraft availability
« on: May 08, 2010, 11:34:24 AM »
Hi everyone,

firstly sorry if this question has been asked but I couldn't find what I want to know in the forum. As we all know the availability of certain types of used aircraft like airbus a320 family or B737's at the moment is low (in comparison to the beginners' world games which I have just come over from, so excuse my question!).

Is there a certain time in the game when the availability with increase? Or will we always be fighting to find used aircraft like the ones mentioned above.. I know it's currently random, but just wondering if there is some sort of control as to the availability of them and if it'll change in the future.

thanks

Jason

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: used aircraft availability
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »
In short, availability is bad because everyone is fighting for the planes right now. It will ease up in some game years once the orders move more to new market.

The number of used planes in the market is kept around the same all the time.

taylor.jp

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »
ok that clears it up, thanks

taylor.jp

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
actually I just thought of something else though.. I've been constantly updating the used aircraft page for around 2 hours or so and at various other times of the day but I have never seen an airbus appear except for an a340 yesterday.. so it seems that they aren't being offered for being to snap them up.. is this the case?

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 01:06:06 PM »
Was a A310 on the market this morning with me spotting it first... and I took my chances. ;D

taylor.jp

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »
 :) just seems that they're a bit hard to come by.. I wonder.. was it really this hard to lease a320's in 1999? :)

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »
I wonder.. was it really this hard to lease a320's in 1999? :)

yes if the whole world had been opened up to aviation only in 1998 ;)

it's always like this in every game - there's a period at the start where the used market gets drained as everybody is looking for aircraft and newer models take some time to come. It usually eases up in about a year or two

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 07:13:33 PM »
  Just keep looking, in the last 3 hrs I've gotten a 735, a 763, and 2 752's. Look at global statistics and if there are lots (50-100) of the ac you are looking for they will be available frequently.

taylor.jp

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »
it's true, in the last few hours I have seen a bit more of what I'm looking for...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.