Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Holding reservation for a particular used aircraft over and over and over...  (Read 809 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
I would like to suggest that once a player clicks on lease aircraft, that there be another three minute delay for that particular player to be able to do that again if he/she can't make up their mind. I experienced a hold of 12 minutes because someone couldn't make up their mind. It doesn't take (much) rocket science to know if you can use the plane or not. So my suggestion is once the the 3 minute limit is up, the same player has to wait 3 minutes for the next attempt. If the player loses the chance to secure the aircraft then so be it, if another more decisive player comes in and grabs it. This game is to big to hold on to something that long. Do your business or get off the toilet! One should already have an idea whats needed and it shouldn't take 12 minutes of re-clicking "lease aircraft" to decide and hold up many more decisive players.
Thats why I suggest a delay after the first click on "lease aircraft" on the used aircraft list for that particular player for that particular plane. If you can't decide in 3 minutes, then you should be delayed 3 minutes before you can check on the particular aircraft again. I think some people may agree with me. Ok, got that out of my system. Thank you for letting me vent.  ;)
P.S. And yes its only an opinion, but I think its a valid one. :o
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:54:08 PM by L1011fan »

Offline Sigma

• Members
Odds are that they weren't trying to make up their mind, but instead waiting for midnight to come and go so that they got a little cash infusion in order to afford the thing.

L1011fan

• Former member
I can understand that Sigma, up to a point. My opinion still stands. Its not right in a game of this size.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Oh, I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you (not agreeing either), just stating the more likely reason than a full 12 minutes of indecision :)

I'm torn on the suggestion really.  I understand where you're coming from, but ultimately getting Used planes in this game comes down to "who saw it first", not "who decided first" or "who had the cash first".  They saw it first, so if they want to sit there and keep hitting that Lease button, I don't really see the problem.  Their indecision doesn't cause you to lose out on anything and it's better than the old way where someone could literally swoop it out from under you (which is the reason the Reservation system was put into place, not because people were 'squatting' on planes).  And in the grand scheme of things, this happens so incredibly rarely that I don't really see the need to prevent it since it really causes no harm anyway.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
not a bad idea

L1011fan

• Former member
I say anything over 6 minutes is an inappropriate and an inordinate amount of time. This game game is not like the others. Its huge!!!  I don't think its fair to be in what I see as over indulgent in game this big.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Yes, but whether it takes them 1 minute, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes really doesn't matter at all.  Fact of the matter is that they clicked it first.  You already lost the plane the moment they clicked on it.

L1011fan

• Former member
Well you got me there. And it sucks.
Oh well, I was pretty much venting anyway. That just p***ed me off. Its never happened to me before, and it was extremely frustrating.  >:(
I'll get over it (eventually).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:36:54 AM by L1011fan »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.