Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Best small regional plane  (Read 1062 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
Best small regional plane
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »
Which is best for segments under 250 miles and small markets

B1900
D228
DH6
SW3
E110

Im leaning to the B1900

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Best small regional plane
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
Then go for it and see if it works out.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »
Does regional airlines really works in AWS. I got a Cessna 208 fully optimized but only earn $9+++ per day. I'm wondering is this amount enough to cover the staff salary.

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:21:57 AM »
I reccommend the D228.  Worked well for Domestic Irish routes in DOTM.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:53:07 AM »
honstley speaking "NO"

people have creaed small airline, some have succeeded. Its hard manily coz of the personnel structure mainly salaries.  Its good to have a base salary as we have now but how can you justify a small airline paying the same salaries as a big airline .

I think there should be option to state what kind of airline we are going to start up and based on that the salaries and structure to be implemented.

Regional only =
Domestic + regional =
Short haul (incl EU)=
Long Haul/ All inclusive =

This way players wishing to start regional airlines get help with lower salaries, costs etc etc.

Hope you guys agree with me (this time LOL)

regards
VJC

Offline CVACEO

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:52:08 AM »
V. - you have a good idea ... you should post it in the "wish list" forum, or whatever it's called (can't think at the moment).  Perhaps all staff salaries could queue off the pilots you have hired so that if you change your strategy mid-scenario the salaries will adjust accordingly.

But, even with the current v1.2 a regional carrier can succeed provided you properly match demand with approporiate a/c and turn over the seats a minimum of 6-8 times per day.  This means not "reaching" for demand on longer distance routes.  This said, there aern't too many airports (at least in North America) with enough close, decent regional routes to make much money at it, except maybe on the East coast.   To really have fun with a regional strategy I would think you need enough routes to support at least 20-30 a/c.  My opinion, anyway.

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 02:10:23 AM »
I ran over 50 26-seaters out of Detroit in the Jet Age. They were Aerospatiale N262s and all of the routes were ABCBA (it was the last version obviously). My airline was reasonably profitable and my route map was absolutely gorgeous. So the Detroit and anything to the east has decent demand for regional airlines.

Regards,
Auerbacs

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 04:02:58 AM »
V. - you have a good idea ... you should post it in the "wish list" forum, or whatever it's called (can't think at the moment).  Perhaps all staff salaries could queue off the pilots you have hired so that if you change your strategy mid-scenario the salaries will adjust accordingly.

But, even with the current v1.2 a regional carrier can succeed provided you properly match demand with approporiate a/c and turn over the seats a minimum of 6-8 times per day.  This means not "reaching" for demand on longer distance routes.  This said, there aern't too many airports (at least in North America) with enough close, decent regional routes to make much money at it, except maybe on the East coast.   To really have fun with a regional strategy I would think you need enough routes to support at least 20-30 a/c.  My opinion, anyway.
good to hear you agree with me this time atleast LOL.

what your saying is true,  but problem arises when big bullies fly their 767/330  or even few A320/737 on a demand with 150 pax a day and this can kill a small airline instantly, to compete with them airlines will have to lower  rates which means more seats sold but less revenue and thats not we want aye.

I would love to run a small airline (I actually did for a while from Adelaide, SA) but I guess with V1.2 big guys will have a base everywhere and that the end of the regional.

" Its like (IN UK) Tesco taking over all corner shops in turning into a Tesco express at every corner " - sorry had to say it, simple and perfect example :)

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:15:52 AM »
Well... what seat class are we looking at?

10-20?
20-30?
40+?

Numbers wise, the D228 offers speed + seats. Two things critical IMO to running a regional airline.

I personally favor the EMB-120ER in the 20-30 seat class. Its fast and has good range.

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.