Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Old vs. New planes  (Read 916 times)

• Former member
Old vs. New planes
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
I'm curious if anyone has any opinions on leasing older planes with 15+ years on them? I have trying to stick to 2 types of aircraft for fleet commonality and also to only lease planes that are only 10 years old or less. While I am growing, growth has been slow. However I have noticed most of the largest and most profitable airlines are flying very old fleets 15+ even 17+ planes and of all different manufactures and models w very little of no fleet commonality... Yet these airlines are doing very well and very early on? Any thoughts?

• Former member
Re: Old vs. New planes
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
These airlines are going to have hard times once the game heats up. I have max 4 different types, one short-s2000, one medium, 737, one heavy medium a300, and one long haul 747. Find a type that is available now and stick with that. Md9s, 737s, md80s, 717 are a good start. The better ones are ones that you can buy new and second hand. This will allow you to grow quickly.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »
Thanks...Yea I've been able to stick with two types.. The a320-200 for domestic and the a330-300 for international longhauls. Was just finding these other airlines stats odd.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »
I was lucky enough to have a Hotel with free wifi and find enough Starbucks coffee shops in Barcelona last week to secure 6 Fokker 100's. Now I have 4 Saab2000 flying with 8 more on order. And just recently I secured 2 A310's for a nice three times a day flight across europe. Fleet commonality... Yes... but it does has some issues at the moment.

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
Yea it seems to be a big problem at this point in the game...I just had to add a third fleet type A300-200 which I'm not to happy about but its that or no growth. >:(

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:55:50 AM »
It is hard to maintain a fleet of the same type. Everyone is looking for the best performer aircraft and you will rarely see any A300, B757, B767, B737, B727, MDs and even Tristars available for you. For new airlines, it will be problem too if they don't have sufficient fund to lease a new 1. Moreover, the rich players will start ordering new planes very fst and any players ordering after them will need to wait some times. Overall, it will really affect the growth of newly formed airlines. That is why peoples do not stick to fleet commonality. We are forced to do so... When the C-Check comes, you will feel the pain... :'(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.