Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Any specific good time at used aircraft market?  (Read 1522 times)

GDK

• Former member
Any specific good time at used aircraft market?
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:59:03 AM »
Hey guys, I'm curious if there is any specific period of time where the used aircraft market refresh the list of available aircraft there? Or it is totally random?
The game guide says it is randomly refreshed every 0.5 to 2.5 game days. I'm online more than 12 hours a day and always refreshing the used aircraft market list but I just couldn't see any B757 or B767 since last 2 days. However, my competitor, which does not online so frequently as me, have manage to maintain a full fleet of B757 and B767. He got 13 of them and still more in his order list. Every minute I view his company, there will be 1 or 2 B757 or B767 entering his fleet. Is it just luck? Or something else?

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Any specific good time at used aircraft market?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:05:27 AM »
I think he takes long lease contracts with Boeing. Perhaps you should do the same.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:07:48 AM »
If it is a contract with Boeing, then it will be new planes.
But he got used planes only.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:26 AM »
It's pure luck.
Denis

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:29:49 AM »
Yeah, now it is.

Next time I figure something out.. I'm keeping my mouth shut!  :P

Talentz

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
I hope it is all about luck, but it seems not.

Just few moment before I visit the used aircraft market, I view his profile. Then I go to the used aircraft market in another tab. No 757 and 767 there. Then I refresh his profile and he got 3 B767 with CV -$21m. Previously his CV was around -$9.1m or some amount round that.

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
My recommendation is to get an auto-refresh extension/plugin for your browser. Then load the Used Aircraft tab and filter by Boeing; set the page to auto-refresh every 60 seconds. URL should look like:

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Used/?manufacturer=Boeing&capacity=0&range=0&style=1

Click the "Lease This Aircraft" button immediately if you see one in the list, you don't have to buy it right away but it will lock it for the next 3 minutes, giving you a chance to review the details. Never click on the aircraft link first, these types are locked for purchase almost instantly.

Hope that helps. It really is a matter of luck/persistence. I'm in the exact same boat, trying to buy the same types in fact, and spent most of yesterday on that page. In 12-18 hours of watching, I was only able to grab one 757 and I had to settle for the wrong engine type (Rolls vs Pratt).

Also, having two monitors or a second computer to dedicate to this is a huge help  ::)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 06:46:36 PM »
I'm going to have to agree, its pure luck, nothing else. :-\

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »
I will probably make some system to disable those auto-refreshers, as that is already a bit off limits and not how it is supposed to be used. Or in other words, please don't.

(or preferrably some bidding system or something else so that it's not about refreshing and clicking first)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:10:22 PM by sami »

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 07:10:15 PM »
It's challenging enough for US-based players to get a consistent connection to your servers, why make it even harder to participate in the (currently) very tight used aircraft market? Come on Sami, help us out here. A bidding system perhaps? I understand performance concerns caused by auto-refreshing, but it's currently the only way to have even the slightest chance of obtaining used aircraft. There must be a better solution than just disabling that functionality. Please help us!  :'(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »
If you have still connection problems, I'd need more details: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,20891.0.html

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »
It was mostly intermittent yesterday, but has been clear so far today; not really a huge concern. Generally speaking though, we are talking about a situation where the difference between getting an aircraft locked for lease or not is milliseconds. Players in EU have a marked advantage here and my point was, yes auto-refresh is not desirable (for anyone concerned), but we *need* another solution. What I was trying to say was disabling the workaround is just not a great solution. I'm not trying to create problems or abuse the system, I just want to expand my route network with something other than 707s :laugh:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »
If you have problems with it please post some "debug" data for me (ping/traceroute etc), as requested in the other thread. Then I can see a bit how bad the problem is and where it is etc.

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
I thought about this for a bit and I don't think there is actually a better way to do this with the current game setup. Any type of a bidding system would just be a scenario ripe for abuse by the larger airlines, leaving those with limited resources out in the cold. The way things are setup now is really the most fair system all-around. Besides, as was said earlier, it should open up a bit in a game year or two. Just need a little patience and a lot of luck...

Sami, connection is stable now like I said. I was speaking more in general terms. The way things are setup may not be perfect, but I really do think it's the best way to do things for the time being :)

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 08:01:28 AM »
Perhaps something new needs to be implemented to replace the based-on-luck system.

Btw, sami you need to make something that is fair to all players. Bidding might lead to some scenario where the rich will grow extremely fast and the poor will stay poor forever.

DudeMcDude

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
Hey GDK

I'm assuming you're talking about me... right?  I'll put you out of your misery.  It's pure luck.  Most of my current 757 and 767s I got really early on.  When you were getting any aircraft you could, I just waited for 757 ans 767.  I would have stayed with them but couldn't get any so had to diversify.  Remember.... at one stage you were up to 35 aircraft 48% share at KL and I had only 14 and 20%.

I could share more with you... but... that's enough competitive info for you!  :P   

Cheers

DudeMcDude

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 11:41:10 AM »
Tactics     Tactics   Tactics.... That's all I can say.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
Used AC market is just pure dumb luck.

If what you want is available when you look then you get it, if not then you don't. Simple as.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »
Hey GDK

I'm assuming you're talking about me... right?  I'll put you out of your misery.  It's pure luck.  Most of my current 757 and 767s I got really early on.  When you were getting any aircraft you could, I just waited for 757 ans 767.  I would have stayed with them but couldn't get any so had to diversify.  Remember.... at one stage you were up to 35 aircraft 48% share at KL and I had only 14 and 20%.

I could share more with you... but... that's enough competitive info for you!  :P   

Cheers

DudeMcDude

Lol... Starting from the 4th day I can't get any 757. Tats y I go for Tristar and Tupolev just to grab some slot and start collecting RI. But those birds are costing me a lot. Now i'm just waiting...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.