Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No movement of production slot after order?  (Read 795 times)

Offline type45

• Members
No movement of production slot after order?
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »
I've just check the production slot of MD-80s, there are a few free slots in 1988 and 1989, but seems no movement on the plane's delivery data? Can the slots provide to order already placed first, not give them to new orders? Or at lease can we do this: even the airline has already placed order with a later delivery time, that airline can still place new orders and get those free slots instead of fallowing the old orders? It's really suck to see free slots appear but you can not use it ;) In real life airline can do this, Hong Kong Airways just get 6 A332s from other airline's cancelled order, 6 months earlier than their last order.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:39:32 PM by type45 »

Offline CVACEO

• Members
Re: No movement of production slot after order?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »
I've found that if you place an order for multiple a/c at the same time that the ordering system looks for contiguous open production dates to fill the order, whereas if you order one at a time it will pick the next open production date.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »
I've found that if you place an order for multiple a/c at the same time that the ordering system looks for contiguous open production dates to fill the order, whereas if you order one at a time it will pick the next open production date.

I've tried this with MD-80s, not working......still follow behind my last order

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:56:26 PM »

i think the problem is if you have an existing order.  Any new order automatically goes after your last ordered plane.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 12:20:54 AM »
i think the problem is if you have an existing order.  Any new order automatically goes after your last ordered plane.

Unless, I think, your existing order is for a type not yet launched, and you order a type available now.  In Jet Age I ordered a bunch of DC-10-10s after ordering DC-10-30s, but before the -30 certified, and still got the -10s before the -30s.

kone_alta

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:49:16 PM »
Unless, I think, your existing order is for a type not yet launched, and you order a type available now.  In Jet Age I ordered a bunch of DC-10-10s after ordering DC-10-30s, but before the -30 certified, and still got the -10s before the -30s.

I think it is not the case for which he means, instead, I would like to raise an example below

here we may see the production slots for 744, and It is known that the minimum headway of each new planes is 40 days.
So I've ordered 14 of them, but however the slots wont move forward and my 7th 744 still staying at Jan 1989, so how about those empty slots at the front? Let it empty?  ;)

I am not going to blame any person for case like this because sami or other admin aims at not letting airlines growing too big, but minimum headway for 40 days is way too much for Very large planes, the minimum headway of old system which has 4 slots between each new plane will be more reasonable. In real world we wont see the production slots emptyed. Maybe I will like to ask my friend who is going to visit Tolouese asking airbus for the allocation of production slots.

Edit: The slot allocation of MD-11 is bit different(1 month headway), maybe sami is working on that?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:13:15 AM by kone_alta »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.