Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Step-By-Step Guide?  (Read 875 times)

• Former member
Step-By-Step Guide?
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:40:57 PM »
Okay, so this is really frustrating. I was doing fine for a while, and I got up to 4 732's and a DC-10. Was making money for a while - and then all the insane expenses started dragging me down and I am not going to make it and will have to bankrupt. This has happened for the 5th time now (I couldn't make it in MT#2 either). I like to think I have pretty good business sense and I've tried the advice I have received but every time I get dragged under by the fees and expenses, no matter how much money my planes are making, no matter what kind of routes I run, no matter what planes I use, no matter if I buy or lease, etc etc.

Can some of you who are apparently super-successful in the first week (which is so frustrating to see - how can you be running 10 airplanes and having tons of profit in the first week???) tell me step by step what you did? What planes are you using? What routes? etc etc... I want to get a refund on my credits because I can't seem to make it work no matter what, but at the same time, I want to be successful at this!

• Former member
Re: Step-By-Step Guide?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:44:15 PM »
What kind of expenses?? C-Check? Advertisement? Extra maintenance?

A C-Check on DC-10 might cost you up to $2m.... :-\ Don't expand too fast and always keep a little amount of cash in hand so that you won't go bankrupt too fast if anything out of expectation happens.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
Can you be more specific about what expenses you have having trouble with?

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »
Expenses from high to low:

Staff ($534k)
Fuel ($400k)
Maintenance ($400k)
Pax Fees ($380k)
Leases ($350k)
Ground Handling ($160k)
Landing Fees ($120k)
Marketing ($100k)
Staff Training ($90k)
Insurance ($67k)

At the moment, I am losing anywhere from $75,000 to $200,000 a week, sometimes a little bit more than that.

Planes are pulling in $2.5m a week, and almost all load factors and route images are in the green (most LF's are around an average of 75%, with some of them topping 90% or more, and most of my route images are 85 or higher). CI is hovering around 27-29, probably due to aircraft age.

Am currently about $2m in the red now.

I am going to drop my DC-10 if I can make it to the end of it's lease in Februrary '99. Is this a good idea? It does make money but I wonder if the fuel and lease expenses are a big player in dragging me down.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:03:48 PM by deafpilot »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »
Expenses look normal so guessing your problem are too low incomes... Perhaps raise the prices of popular routes.

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:42:04 PM »
I will try that... Last time I did that the LF's plunged haha so I put everything back to 20% lower than default prices. Should I try default prices now that my images and LFs are good at the moment?

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 02:24:04 PM »
With good route/company images, I set all my routes up with 5% less than default setting, and I have been making good money ever since. Paid off my loan today ($3.6m!). Going to let the game run for a while as I have C-Checks coming up, and I want to save up enough money to start buying new planes to replace my older leased fleet.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.