Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Jumping the C Check Gun  (Read 872 times)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Jumping the C Check Gun
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »
I've got a B757 and B767 which are soon to signal the start of my C Check season! Problem is they overlap. The 767 will still have a few days "in the shop" when the 757 needs to go in and that's going to leave me two a/c running.

Is it worth jumping the gun and putting one of them through C Check a little early to avoid this and the financial issues of two close together or just do them as they come timetabled?

DenisG

• Former member
Re: Jumping the C Check Gun
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »
Depends on a lot of factors I guess... Competiton etc. in any case, I would try to take on a credit early on and then let the more important one go into C-check right on, so they do not overlap.
Denis

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 05:46:40 PM »
I got 1 MD80, 1 Tristar and 1 A300 in hangar for C-Check at the same week.... Market share stay ungrow while my competitors are rising 10%... :-\

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 06:49:34 PM »
Do one early, or leave one for a few weeks until the other is done. I've got away with an expired C-check for quite a while on a previous game. Takes a while before the fines and grounding to kick in but not entirely sure how random the ramp inspections are.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
Do one early, or leave one for a few weeks until the other is done. I've got away with an expired C-check for quite a while on a previous game. Takes a while before the fines and grounding to kick in but not entirely sure how random the ramp inspections are.

Be careful with that though, I accidentally turned off auto C-check in Jet Age and almost killed my airline in a day or two.  Building CI back up to 90 from 10 is no fun...

Offline CVACEO

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:34:12 AM »
Yep, this is where the micro-manager has fun!  You can set up a really easy C check system if you do them manually but, like ucfknightryan said, you have to be on top of it.  This is also where fleet commonality really matters.  Lease a cheap model identical to what you are flying then begin a C check extravaganza - manually start your C check cycle using your new leased a/c to cover existing routes - then when one a/c is done, immediately use it to cover another a/c's routes and then put that a/c into C check, and so on.  It's expensive to do but you get all your C checks done one after the other and then you are good to go for several months.  This system also rotates your a/c so schedule and flight hours/landings get spread around and you never miss a beat on income.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.