Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Anyone want to extend another 10 years?  (Read 3582 times)

Offline schro

• Members
Anyone want to extend another 10 years?
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:39:25 PM »
So i've been enjoying Jet Age, and I think it'd be AWESOME if the end date could be moved back 10 years to 1990.  It'd be interesting to work through the transition to the second generation jets (737 classics, MD80s, 757/767s, etc) building on our fleet that is already in place....

I figure a few of us would need to shout loudly to try to convince sami that this is a good idea....

GKohler79

• Former member
Re: Anyone want to extend another 10 years?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:07:20 AM »
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH?

Considering the modern times 2 and air travel boom are both full with 500 and 550 players respectively...that just sounds like murder, it would be hard for anybody new to start there!

;D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »
It's technically a bit tricky to keep it going further.

But instead I would have plans for a longer game world that starts very early (like 50s or 60s) and goes on for some time. But before that I need to (still) check some issues with the pax preferences on those old and slow planes of that age.

GKohler79

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
Well, I guess that answers that question.

Sami, any plans to open anymore games, or will no more come until mt2 and air travel are done?

highlander1715

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 11:07:01 PM »
Longer life "Early Times" sounds great - how about a start date of 1947 just as post WWII civil aviation is getting off the ground so to speak?

Kind regards,

Graham

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »
I think if anything new starts, it should be Regional Travel Boom #1 once the jet age is over. Back to the days of PSA, Hughes Airwest, Southern Airlines et al...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:58:30 PM »
It's technically a bit tricky to keep it going further.

But instead I would have plans for a longer game world that starts very early (like 50s or 60s) and goes on for some time. But before that I need to (still) check some issues with the pax preferences on those old and slow planes of that age.
Hi sami, if I may add my view on this, lets get the jets going pretty quickly. For props, lets keep the number low and keep them to the fastest ones such as the Lockheed Electra. Just my take. :-\

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »
Longer life "Early Times" sounds great - how about a start date of 1947 just as post WWII civil aviation is getting off the ground so to speak?

Kind regards,

Graham
yaaawwwnnn, oh sorry. (just kidding) ;)

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 03:20:54 AM »
I think the current start date of Jet Age was about as far back as i'd think is viable based upon the demand levels I recall in 65-70ish - basically nothing other than huge cities were capable of supporting a large airline. That all goes back to the route structures being far different in those days pre-deregulation.  A plane wouldnt' travel RDU-ATL. It'd travel RDU-GSO-CLT-GSP-ATL with folks getting on and off as necessary.

Either way, I think an extension would be pretty neat for the current Jet Age, but I understand its a bit of a pain...

pfmboidi

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »
I'm a big fan of an early and longer game. Absolutely!

+ I find exciting the passage from props to jets!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.