Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long Haul vs Short - Load Factors  (Read 824 times)

altmants

• Former member
Long Haul vs Short - Load Factors
« on: May 02, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »
So cutting to the chase,

my Long Haul aircraft 340-200 - flying over 4800NM is always at 40-60% Load Factors, with first class going around 33%. The fares were reduced by 30%. 
The Route image is at 48
All Flight times leave before 23:00 and arrive on or after 5:00am except on Saturdays
I am the only carrier flying this route

On the other hand.....A320 flying about 1400 NM twice Daily has a 70-80% Load Factor, fare was reduced by 15%.
The Route image is at 14
There are two carriers flying this route.

I had the 340 aircraft first, I only recently got the A320, thus the much higher Route image on the long haul.

Anyone know whats going on here? The good news is that both are still providing profit, but I cannot figure out why the long haul flights have such a low load factor.

Has anyone noticed that Long Haul fights have lower load factors, or is it just me? I have enough money to purchase another Long Range, or Should i get Several A320's instead?

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Long Haul vs Short - Load Factors
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:23:17 PM »
It's since the change three or four days ago (http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,20638.0.html).

My personal conclusion on this: Go first on domestic and short-haul until you have a good weekly income and a high CI if you start a new airline or if a new game with the same settings starts.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Long Haul vs Short - Load Factors
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:58:16 PM »
The LH sales depend on seat types too. Too long flight with HD or standard seats won't work out that well (combined with low image).

4800nm is a quite long sector already....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:00:46 PM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.