Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Base Airports  (Read 1512 times)

eqthomas

• Former member
Base Airports
« on: May 02, 2010, 04:04:20 AM »
I asked you when the game first started would I be able to open another base airport in the US given that Puerto Rico is not a country and technically part of the US.  You said yes but I can't open another base airport outside of the Puerto Rico.

sami
Administrator

Date Registered: 16.07.07

Re: Base Airports
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 01:01:45 PM

Airlines in US can open base airports in PR .. (pr is considered an "autonomous state governed by US" by the game engine)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:32:36 AM by sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Sami "Base Airports"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:19:05 AM »
If you read again I said there that airlines in US can open bases in Puerto Rico, nothing about the other way round. (didn't realize you were based there?)

Question goes, is a PR airline allowed to base elsewhere in US?  Any facts on this, anyone?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:25:48 AM »
It's possible Sami.

Executive Airlines, based out of Puerto Rico, operates hubs within the US (in Miami and DFW) as well.

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:26:10 AM »
I checked on Wikipedia which confirmed (well if you believe Wikipedia) what I thought, that there are no Puerto Rican flag carriers in existance. There was one that went bankrupt in the 1980's and since then American has become the dominant carrier. I would say that if you're hubbed there that you can base in the US as well, but I don't understand why you would hub in San Juan as the demand is just not good enough. As a base it has its uses though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:39:47 AM by highways1 »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 05:31:00 AM »
Links for the data?

I'll verify this and change it later on today if found ok.

eqthomas

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 05:55:29 AM »
Since smartass is the vibe for you today then Sami if you paid attention to my original question that I asked you would have known I was in Puerto Rico.  I asked about opening a base airport in the US with me being in Puerto Rico from the jump.  Puerto Rico is not a country a so why would it be modeled as one?

eqthomas

Date Registered: 22.12.08

Base Airports
on: April 18, 2010, 04:28:05 AM

Sami,

Is Puerto Rico considered as the same as the US when it pertains to base airports?  I.E. can I open another base airport later in the game in the US?  Thx!
Report to moderator   Logged

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:02:38 AM »
Sorry but you better tone down that attitude a bit. I replied politely and pointed out what I had said. You have no reason to start name-calling me, ok?

Also, if you read the other replies, it is apparent that you will get the bases quite soon. (to be more exact, I will verify that it is available and then make the changes after some sleep first. So it is expected later today.)

(I don't really like this kind of intentional bashing.. You should understand that the base airport feature is brand new.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:11:54 AM by sami »

eqthomas

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:10:39 AM »
Well Sami to me you responded in a flip manner so I responded that way back.  It's a two way street and each persons perception is their reality.  I created this thread so that it would be directly to you because my point was directly to you and what was in my thread earlier.  I had nothing to do with those other threads and they didn't directly pertain to me so I felt no need to join in on any of those.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 06:14:01 AM »
Yep, internet and text based communications is hard sometimes since the tone of the message is often, or sometimes, misunderstood.

Anyway, to topic, as posted before, work is in progress. If there is more data to confirm then put em here too.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
Since smartass is the vibe for you today then Sami if you paid attention to my original question that I asked you would have known I was in Puerto Rico.  I asked about opening a base airport in the US with me being in Puerto Rico from the jump.  Puerto Rico is not a country a so why would it be modeled as one?

It does have an autonomous status, as many other places in the world too, and so there are certainly a number of things that are treated differently as in reality as well.

If this was an issue of huge concern to you, I wonder why you have not done research for arguments and sources on your own, as Sigma and highways have been able to do this within a few minutes. Further, Sami has stated that there had obviously been a misunderstanding, as he did not realize from your first message that you were based in Puerto Rico.

Hence, I do not see any reason why to put up a tone of 'smartassing' as you have been a member of this community for long enough; if you were indeed aware of the fact that 'your' perception is 'your' reality, then there appears even less need to 'flip back' and reasonate your 'perception of reality' as being the one sufficient to maintain an inadequate and irrespective tone, especially if you are the one in need of something - instead, there is a street sign in your 'one way street' that has been making traffic around the world work quite reliable for centuries, to everyone's advantage: It starts with 's' and ends with 'orry'.

Denis
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:31:03 PM by DenisG »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »
LOUD VOICES!

eqthomas

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »
DenisG, I don't need you to tell me what I need to do and how to do it.  My conversation was with Sami and not you.  I'm sure Sami is big enough to handle it himself and doesn't need you to wag along on a coattail.  Nor do I need help from you on what I need to say.  My point was clear and was to Sami and not you.  Therefore, it's not really any of you responsibility to jump in as the board or dialogue police.  In the future, refrain from butting in on certain subject because a lot of people here are grown individuals and don't need your help.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 01:14:16 PM »
DenisG, I don't need you to tell me what I need to do and how to do it.  My conversation was with Sami and not you.  I'm sure Sami is big enough to handle it himself and doesn't need you to wag along on a coattail.  Nor do I need help from you on what I need to say.  My point was clear and was to Sami and not you.  Therefore, it's not really any of you responsibility to jump in as the board or dialogue police.  In the future, refrain from butting in on certain subject because a lot of people here are grown individuals and don't need your help.

Hi eqthomas.

Sorry to hear that you are grown up already. You did not make your age visible in the aws-profile and I really could not figure that from your postings. I guess it's a thing of perception as you said, so sorry for that.

Instead of telling us how grown you are and that nobody needs to tell you what to do (quite impressive principle in fact) and then telling others how to act in the forum (I used to love those one way streets already in driving school), why don't you simply admit that your tone was wrong and use the 's'-word just once - it may appear threatening at first when being a person of principle as you and me, but the experience can be thrilling.

Denis

eqthomas

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 01:22:45 PM »
DenisG,

Why don't you mind your own business dude?  You get on here first telling me what I need to do on something that had nothing to do with you.  You are not the controller of what goes on here.  Spend more time worrying about yourself and less about what I'm doing.  Again, I don't need your help.  You are not the board police.  You have no idea if Sami and I have had a history and where this comes from so please butt out and mind your own business.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »

You sound like so much fun to play with.  Will you join my alliance?  

I hope you quit and don't come back.  We don't need attitudes like this here.  

Its not like you paid $65 for a game that belongs in Beta.  

This is the FIRST game using a second hub and you are being a complete douche.  The man said he is working on it.  

He doesn't just do things 'because'.  He researches the stuff.  If he made a mistake and misunderstood you, so freaking be it.  English wasn't Sami's first language so don't treat him like some dev you can whoop around.

eqthomas

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 01:32:06 PM »
Swiftus,

I don't need your input either.  It has nothing to do with you and you are not involved. I'm fine with Sami now and if I wasn't it is really none of you concern.  I know what Sami told me on this forum and in a PM and that was not what occurred initially until I brought it up again last night.  As far as all the other talk from you, as long is I pay I will play and you have no control.  The problem is some of you think you are in control of everything and you are not.  So get out of here with the douche talk.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:47:03 PM by eqthomas »

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »
Well eqthomas,

to be honest, the behaviour you are bringing to this forum makes you appear in desperate need of some good advice, as it seems an insurmountable challenge for you to simply admit to have hit the wrong style and tone in a public forum.

You may be surprised, but could you imagine that there may be some reasons why this game forum has not been in need of your desired 'forum police' so far?

If you claim not to be in need of somebody telling you the difference between right and wrong, then simply act accordingly and stray away from bringing your disruptive mentality to people who have not asked for it.

Best regards,
Denis

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »
OK, let's calm down a bit..

Oh and the base airport thingy has been taken care of now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.