Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Something wrong with this game!!!  (Read 1131 times)

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
Something wrong with this game!!!
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:25:15 AM »
 :o

Is it me or is there something up this this game, as I have played many and done really well, I cant seem to get a real grip, no matter what I do!!!  The amount of participants increases hourly, whats up Sami?  - those that dont get on can wait, as the game is advertised well in advance.....so no need to accomodate!

All in all I am about to call it a day at AWS, too much changes and qerks for the worse.........what could have been good with the new bases has turned into a shambles with adding hourly new participants and "twiquing" LF's, I quit Modern Times 2 near the top, because of a twique that saw my LF'S drop from 95 to 50%.............(which was subsequently and apparently, returned to normal after I quit)

Poor performance all round. >:(

And In addition to above, with being able to open more bases after 18 months, the number of game players should be more restricted than before......as it can actually not be 500, but closer to 2000 after 3 years game play, with many airlines having more than one base!!!  Just because your the same airline, having more than 1 base, actually in this game world would aquate to another airline for each base you open.....right!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:35:02 PM by jumbo Mouse »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Something wrong with this game!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:12:06 AM »
If you read the changelog the common startup airline "cheat" of making full C/F config plane was blocked some days ago for airlines with very low image. Suggesting to try a normal seat config instead (since that seems to be your airline's problem)...

And player numbers do change periodically, there is nothing strange in that. A single world can cater for a very high number of airlines.. Seems that people are just not that used to it since previously the server performance has restricted to smaller player numbers.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:48:04 AM by sami »

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:47:27 AM »
 :-\

Is it not commen that all business class airlines do actually start in real world??? Sun Air south Africa Lanseria-CPT was all busines!

Anyway, hard to keep up with the rules when they change so frequently, need to have an update rule page!
 ::)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:51:09 AM »
Actually, all the new features and changes ARE posted to the Announcements forum. See the "changelog" thread there.. (new features and improvements are added constantly since the idea is to keep developing the software continuously)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 05:53:44 AM »
:-\

Is it not commen that all business class airlines do actually start in real world??? Sun Air south Africa Lanseria-CPT was all busines!

Anyway, hard to keep up with the rules when they change so frequently, need to have an update rule page!
 ::)

Wouldn't this be a page showing rules updates?

//oops sami beat me to it...

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 11:51:29 AM »
Why are you looking for the scapegoat somewhere else, jumbo Mouse? Instead you could be taking a look at what you might have been doing differently than to previous games. There are many people active in the forum with the willingness to assist anytime with advice. Don't take your previous game experience and track record for granted, as the simulation improves to a more realistic level incrementally - you might have to simply adapt a few patterns. And if you do find issues that seem to have altered the simulation to the worse, then please list them in a logical manner, and skip the emotional dissapointment in your own performance.

Denis

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.