Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is it just me or is there a 600 person limit now?!  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
Is it just me or is there a 600 person limit now?!
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:49:57 PM »
What the heck? Am I going crazy? :o
No replacement for displacement

juanchopancho

• Former member
Re: Is it just me or is there a 600 person limit now?!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
yep, limit upped to 600

Offline connorc17

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »
Are you kidding me sami???

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »
More, please! I love this game... many airlines on one airport, really challenging :))))

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:05:58 PM »
5 people at Denver is too many for me.
No replacement for displacement

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »
Please note the new rule:

New features:

• Rule change for new airlines:  New airline cannot be based on an airport with more than 6 airlines already HQ'ed there (regardless of airport size). This is to guide players to choose other airports than the majors and to make their life easier...

Further changes & smarter systems on this will be made later on.

550-600 is definitely NOT too much. The problem is just that everyone packs at the same friggin' Heathrow. :P

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 01:21:40 AM »
OMG thank you for the new feature......I was getting tired of 700 airlines based in LHR trying for total dominance! ::)

DudeMcDude

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 01:25:18 AM »
Boooooooooooooooooooo.........................  >:(

Had I known this from the beginning, I wouldn't have bothered.  Sami, in future please keep the limits fixed... while some may like the added 100 airlines, others won't and we make the decision on whether to join the game based on the information you provide at beginning. 

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:29:38 AM by DudeMcDude »

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 01:58:21 AM »
600 limits? What is it about?

Offline connorc17

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:03:49 AM »
Did the 6 airlines max rule not take place yet?? Because we have our 7th airline at LAX added after the rule was supposed to take place.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 05:59:07 AM »
The rule is "more than 6".. ie. if it has 7 airlines, you cannot base there...  Bad wording on the "news" from me perhaps.

willvone

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »
Yea seriously, I agree with dude. The changes don't bother me that much. But big decisions like this should be made and stated before the game starts and people put down credits = MONEY to play. You pay for one thing but get another?.. And while for the sake of the game, a 6 airline limit in theory is good however it is not very realistic and aws seems to be trying to achieve realism. Also with 600 airlines, I refer to what I said before. Let us know before the start of the game.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »
Well..  Let's assume I had put 1000 player limit in the world start. How would someone's strategy be different than having 200, 400 or 600 players. I guess there are no differences, perhaps in assumption of growth rates and such, but that's not a "decisive" factor in my mind.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:20:55 AM »
If you set it to 1000, I will know that it is going to be a tough competition. If I don't like to squeeze myself into such a competitive game, I will not join.

Perhaps this is what the crowd had in their mind.

DudeMcDude

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
Sami, whether it's a 'decisive' factor to you or not is one thing, but we're paying for this.  All I'm saying is that changing the rules or parameters of a game, after it's started, is ethically not right. 

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 07:51:41 PM »
Why you decrease number of players to 550? :(

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:56 PM »
 ;D

I tried to make a point in my last posting, 500 or 600, its about 200 players above our playing norm, however, with the opportunity to open bases after 18 months, 500 can become 1000(1 base per player, not to mention some will have 2 or 3), due to the fact it maybe the same airline, its makeup and route structure will be that of a new airline, so as I said before, if anything, there needs to be less players then in the original Version 1.1. games, Logic!!! 8)

I agree, the rules should not change during the game and the player numbers should remain constant, especially with the avent of basings!

JM :-\

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 06:20:19 AM »
;D

I tried to make a point in my last posting, 500 or 600, its about 200 players above our playing norm, however, with the opportunity to open bases after 18 months, 500 can become 1000(1 base per player, not to mention some will have 2 or 3), due to the fact it maybe the same airline, its makeup and route structure will be that of a new airline, so as I said before, if anything, there needs to be less players then in the original Version 1.1. games, Logic!!! 8)

I agree, the rules should not change during the game and the player numbers should remain constant, especially with the avent of basings!

JM :-\

I'll disagree with the 500 becoming 1000, because lots of bases have been opened at airports that no one ever HQ's at.  Heck, because of hubs, I've seen airlines HQ at airports I've never seen them at before...

my_mojito

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
Sami, whether it's a 'decisive' factor to you or not is one thing, but we're paying for this.  All I'm saying is that changing the rules or parameters of a game, after it's started, is ethically not right. 

Are we talking about ethics now? Until now I thought it was just an airline simulation game... ???

Come on guys...keep your airline in good shape and you will survive...no matter how many players compete in the game. I'm pretty sure that we will see a decline in active players in some game years as only the most profitable airlines will survive!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.