Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company Image  (Read 1066 times)

williswolf

• Former member
Company Image
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:41:35 PM »
What are some tips on keeping your company image up? My staff is paid well and I have several marketing campaigns out. My airplanes are also not that old.  Does the company image grow with time? My image is now around 0.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Company Image
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:50:49 PM »
Few delays, few cancellations, no planes >20y old, plane condition >75%

williswolf

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
How long should I plan for turnaround times for my airplanes?  I have been doing the minimal times and I believe that is where my delays are coming from?  This is probably what has caused my image to drop?

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 03:42:02 PM »
Until the estimated delay time is 1%.

For example a Boeing 737 classic (-300/-400/-500).

Minimum time are 40 minutes. At 70 minutes you geht the 1% delay.

So your turn-around should be 70 minutes (or 75 minutes if it fits perfectly in your schedule, personally I like this +5 minute rule to the 1% rule :)).

Between two flights it's the same. The text "Can dep again xx" is after the minimum turn-around time. So you know this time are 40 minutes and 70 minutes is perfect. So you have to add +30 minutes to "Can dep again at" for getting an overall estimated 1% delay.

Hope you understand what I want to say, if not, I'm sure somebody with english skills will tell you this better than I can ;D

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »
IMHO, no need to target the "ridiculously small" chance of delays, since less will work pretty well too. I usually use 60mins for A320 type/size planes.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
What are some tips on keeping your company image up? My staff is paid well and I have several marketing campaigns out. My airplanes are also not that old.  Does the company image grow with time? My image is now around 0.

You say you have "several" marketing campaigns, are they "General" campaigns or Route-specific ones?  This early in the game, you shouldn't have "several" General ones, so I'm thinking you're talking about Route-specific ones, and those do not affect your Company Image in any way, those affect Route Image.

Since CI starts at 5, to be at 0 means your CI is actually going down, when it should be climbing fairly rapidly this early in the game.

There's really only one "tip" at keeping CI up -- and that's Marketing dollars on General campaigns.  The age of your fleet, timeliness of flights, etc all plays a role in keeping it from going down, but it won't increase it.  Only Marketing dollars will do that.

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 07:05:35 PM »
I had a similar experience as Simga. Load factor went up from 70% to 77%, although my airline is small in this game due to poor starting strategy the cash is coming in now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.