Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Pax choosing newer planes?  (Read 563 times)

jordanD

• Former member
Pax choosing newer planes?
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »
Just kind of curious, is it modeled into the game so that passengers choose to fly on newer aircraft when available over older ones? I've got 2 routes, same city pairs, same days, one is operated by an older aircraft. I just recently put a newer (not even a year old) aircraft on the same route and the load factor on the original flight (operated by the older aircraft) has gone waaaay down (in the yellow) and the same route operated by the new aircraft has pretty good load factors (almost 80%) Is this a feature of the game or is it just a random decrease in load factor?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Pax choosing newer planes?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
Pax do prefer newer planes, but I've never noticed it to be that great.  Particularly between two planes of pretty close in age.  It really only seems to become a factor at >20yrs.

DenisG

• Former member
Re: Pax choosing newer planes?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:20:03 PM »
I believe to have noticed it, but it's difficult to put in numbers, because when replacing an old plane, I often allocate a little more seats as well. And CI and pricing of course always play a role. Would be something for a modeling situation I guess.
Denis

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.