Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Refuel stop cannot be at the world's largest airports not making sense at all!!!  (Read 1442 times)

Offline ehcydotcom

• Members
Sami please reconsider the "Refuel stop cannot be at the world's largest airports" restriction. The problem dint occur if we fly within the same continent but it will be a big problem if we' re doing cross continents flight like example from my base Bangkok to Los Angeles. I have to stop either at Japan or Korea or Taiwan. The problem is that some smaller airport not having Runway which long enough to land a B747 ans some airport do have runway which is enough to land B747 but the airport will close at night which give us a big issue ti schedule our flight. Please consider our frustration on these issue. This is not making sense at all and not realistic.

Example: Most of the US airlines that flying to Asia will have technical stop either at Osaka, Seoul or Taipei Taoyuan.

Please consider to drop this restriction Same.

Offline swiftus27

• Members

Offline type45

• Members
you confirm they are technical stop? ;) the place you named should not have the slot to make a technical stop everyday in 1980s. Seoul Gimpo was almost full already and that's why Incheon is built. Taipei Taoyuan (still call CKS at that time) was suffering from the problem of overcrowded terminal because of the growing traffic and planning to expand. Osaka Itami was also not a good place to be a place for technical stop. The airport do not have much room at all and closed at 2100L, really bad on timing. Also Japan has the most expansive landing fees in the world, I don't thing any airline want to make a stop there without picking up some pax. ;)

Try to think you are an airline's CEO, you need to spend huge amount of money to get slot in a large airport. What will you do with them? Use it on technical stop or pick some pax? Just find another place for technical stop. USSR can be a place to do this, although in real life it is almost impossible too ;)

According to sami, some commonly used technical stop airport (like PANC) can still be used for technical stop.

kleinsim

• Former member
Hello there,

In this game it does not matter at all how ridiculously tiny the technical stop airport is.  So long as the runway is long enough you can make a pit stop there.  Here are two fun options that I could suggest. Both airports have runways long enough to accommodate a Boeing 747-400. 

BKK-LAX nonstop: 7186nm

BKK-PKC-LAX: 7187nm (1nm more)
Maximum range required: 3601nm
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is the capital of the Kamchatka Oblast in Russia and was the base of the Soviet Pacific fleet during the Cold War.  The entire peninsula was off-limits to foreigners (and even Soviet citizens not affiliated with the military).  In 1983 a Korean Airlines 747 was shot down over the Peninsula after accidentally straying into Soviet airspace.  I hope Sami did not model this part in the simulation   ;D

BKK-CDB-LAX: 7189nm (3 nm more)
Maximum range required: 4956nm
Cold bay is a village of about 200 people located on the Aleutian peninsula in far Southwest Alaska.  Your aircraft would be the largest aircraft to regularly visit the airport and, coincidentally, have the capacity to evacuate the entire village with seats to spare  ;D  The runway is so long because it was constructed during the Second World War when Japan invaded the Aleutian islands.  In reality you would be hard pressed to find the equipment necessary to refuel at the airport here but why not get a kick of flying into the Alaskan bush on your way from Asia to North America...

Enjoy,

Kleinsim

L1011fan

• Former member
I agree that the USSR or Alaska are your best bets. Especially PANC.

welshsct

• Former member
I'm having a problem with this as well.

Currently i am based at YMML and i am trying to open a route to KLAX but i am unable to select a technical stop.
I've tried mirroring another route that is alreday in place with another airline using NSFA as the stop but i get the same message about refueling stops and world's largest airport.

Can anyone help?

Offline [ATA] - lilius

• Members
Welshscrt >> What type of aircraft will you use? Whats its range?

Offline swiftus27

• Members

Currently i am based at YMML and i am trying to open a route to KLAX but i am unable to select a technical stop.
I've tried mirroring another route that is alreday in place with another airline using NSFA as the stop but i get the same message about refueling stops and world's largest airport.

Can anyone help?

tahiti faa aa airport  .... also, it is a tad confusing when you make the route.  try making faa a your first stop them los angeles.

Offline [ATA] - lilius

• Members
I think Samoa works well to stop also on the way from australia. From Melbourne -  Samoa  = 2700NM  Samoa - L.A = 4190NM

2900m runway and open 24h

and no, you dont have a problem with the "no tech stops at the biggest airports rule"

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:38:34 PM by lilius »

L1011fan

• Former member

Can anyone help?
I'm just thinking out loud here, NAN, ITO ,PPT If its not too long ,PPG all of which that can handle the largest of aircraft. What type of plane are you flying?

L1011fan

• Former member
you confirm they are technical stop? ;) the place you named should not have the slot to make a technical stop everyday in 1980s. Seoul Gimpo was almost full already and that's why Incheon is built. Taipei Taoyuan (still call CKS at that time) was suffering from the problem of overcrowded terminal because of the growing traffic and planning to expand. Osaka Itami was also not a good place to be a place for technical stop. The airport do not have much room at all and closed at 2100L, really bad on timing. Also Japan has the most expansive landing fees in the world, I don't thing any airline want to make a stop there without picking up some pax. ;)

Try to think you are an airline's CEO, you need to spend huge amount of money to get slot in a large airport. What will you do with them? Use it on technical stop or pick some pax? Just find another place for technical stop. USSR can be a place to do this, although in real life it is almost impossible too ;)

Why are you not following thru with PANC? Anchorage!!!! Technichal stop to the whole Northern Hemisphere!

According to sami, some commonly used technical stop airport (like PANC) can still be used for technical stop.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.