Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How are people looking after the first week?  (Read 1596 times)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
How are people looking after the first week?
« on: April 30, 2010, 03:15:33 PM »
I know it's early days but I was wondering how everyone is doing because it will take time before we make serious money.

I'm flying 1x 757-200 on the same route twice daily. LFs are lower starting up than before with the new game improvements but luckily I have 15x C class seats,.

Anyway, I made the grand sum of 20,825 USD profit in the first week and was wondering how other people are doing. Hopefully this sum is only going to grow.

Staff salaries was my biggest expense so might have to get another plane to spread the overheads once I can afford to. Fuel was the second but prices are low at the moment and I'm using the most efficient engines.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Re: How are people looking after the first week?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
One 767 has taken $403,520 in its first week of operations, and thats with an average LF of 38%, I hope that number should go up.

As to expansion I'm still debating. Obviously a 767 was the bulk of our $6m starting budget. I don't know if to buy some smaller aircraft to run shorter routes or just save for another 767. We shall see.

If I go for saving I guess it's a matter of not being un-nerved by other airlines growing faster with smaller, cheaper aircraft.

sittingbull

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
bought Dc10  with 150  seats  )  making  20 K profit  Load is  now  52 percent  ) and raising
have Fokker  incomming  for smaller Routes.

Olie Preises already going sky high.

Pre tax is sadly still Minus 22 000.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:02:45 PM »
One 767 has taken $403,520 in its first week of operations, and thats with an average LF of 38%, I hope that number should go up.

As to expansion I'm still debating. Obviously a 767 was the bulk of our $6m starting budget. I don't know if to buy some smaller aircraft to run shorter routes or just save for another 767. We shall see.

If I go for saving I guess it's a matter of not being un-nerved by other airlines growing faster with smaller, cheaper aircraft.

Is that figure the revenue from tickets/seats sold or the final result figure on your income statement?

My 757 sold 410 578 USD in tickets.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
Is that figure the revenue from tickets/seats sold or the final result figure on your income statement?

My 757 sold 410 578 USD in tickets.

Thats tickets sold. Final figues is somewhere closer to -$5m. Sadly.  ;)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
Thats tickets sold. Final figues is somewhere closer to -$5m. Sadly.  ;)

Oh, but that's including aircraft acquisition I guess. Mine was on the Sunday of the last week so it didn't count for this one.

deafpilot

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »
Don't know yet... I stupidly forgot to assign routes to my 732, so I spent 11 game days wasting money. I've got it flying now though, and so far it looks good. My second 732 is coming online in a couple of days, and my DC-10 is going to arrive in two weeks. *fingers crossed*

Fizzy00

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:50:45 PM »
I wondered if someone could help me? I've had a couple of cancellations due to scheduling, but I've left 1 hour from the aircraft the being ready to depart again. Is there something I can do to prevent furture cancellations? - Thanks

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »
I wondered if someone could help me? I've had a couple of cancellations due to scheduling, but I've left 1 hour from the aircraft the being ready to depart again. Is there something I can do to prevent furture cancellations? - Thanks

The only thing you can do is set your turnaround time so that risk of delay is down to around ~1%. There will still be occasional cancellations and delays, however, they will be minimal if you schedule that way.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 08:09:28 PM »
Fizzy, I usually hire an extra 1 or 2 extra ground handlers and maybe 1 extra customer service person. Mostly if I'm doing quick turn arounds, but sometimes even if I seem to have way more than enough time. It has alleviated alot of problems for me in the past for the most part. Just remember that after you do that, you click on your setting back to "automatically hire new people as needed". You also don't want to over hire either. Those 2 categories are the only extra ones I'll do on my own. Otherwise I leave it on automatic.  I find for scheduling, as you mentioned, is actually a minimal lack of staff, especially if you are leaving plenty of turn around time. But thats my opinion and it works for me most of time in that case. Just a suggestion. It won't break your bank. Just go easy on the extra personnel. :)
P.S. Check your turnaround time for the aircraft you are using as well. It may say minimum 60 minutes, which in that case I'll add a little more time. Its a balancing act, I'll say that. I usually schedule 20 minutes more than the minimum time. If it says 45 minute minimum, I do 65 minutes. Your gut will help you too.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »
Another good point here, try to keep possibility of delay around 1% as the other player mentioned. I've been doing ok with 8%, but I don't like to let it go higher than that. ;)

Fizzy00

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 08:32:40 PM »
Thank you for your comments guys, I'm going to do what you've suggested.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.