Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: load factor dropped dramatically  (Read 8912 times)

mnkhaki

• Former member
Re: load factor dropped dramatically
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:51 AM »
Checked your airline's overall sales and didn't find anything abnormal there.

Thanks Sami - it seems to have rebounded - I just got weary when it fell from 80's and 90's to the low 70's.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
Yeah does this just affect certain idividuals. Cause mine are still low. And am sure it has also caused financials to go wild. Whats happening? All has been good till yesterday.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »
check your game day ;)

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
If you are trying to say something about 9/11......I dont think so. I checked and the problems begun before. I think it was on the 6th of sept or thereabout
check your game day ;)
. Other than that what are you suggesting? Whats up with the date?

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »
How big of a drop is 9/11 going to cause? I've noticed a drop but nothing all that dramatic yet.

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010, 05:39:48 AM »
 I have noticed siginificant drop on load factors. I started way before september 11th. Actually it seems to be flattening out now. But a drop in economy of around 15%, business class of more than 40% and first class of around 40% as well

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010, 08:09:12 AM »
I have noticed siginificant drop on load factors. I started way before september 11th. Actually it seems to be flattening out now. But a drop in economy of around 15%, business class of more than 40% and first class of around 40% as well

There you go!! Same thing I experienced. Way before 9/11.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010, 09:28:34 AM »
The 9/11 effect does not start on the exact same date as in real life as it is based on monthly stats (not daily).

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2010, 09:48:30 AM »
 Nice to know, thanks Sami.

I suspected it would be because of September 11th, I think a downturn had started months before september 2001, iirc

Online ANstar

• Members
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
Whilst there has been a drop it seems to have flatetned out.

It would be nice to have more of a drop so that we then need to look at reducing capacity etc - ie makes it more challenging....

Offline Marksw76

• Members
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
It would be nice to have more of a drop so that we then need to look at reducing capacity etc - ie makes it more challenging....

Easy tiger! I'm happy with how it is at the moment! :)

Maybe Sami could invent a very hard game for those who would like a difficult challenge! ;)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
Whilst there has been a drop it seems to have flatetned out.

It is what it is.

It's not that pax traffic plummeted after 9/11, it's that, in the real-world, margins are extremely tight in the airline business so even fairly small changes in pax demand can take a profitable airline into the red in a hurry.  Here, with airlines making tons of cash, a drop in traffic is no big deal.

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
Forgive me,Sigma. But I would say a drop of around 40% is more than a drop. But I guess it depends on the person......

But I agree, it is what it is

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »
Forgive me,Sigma. But I would say a drop of around 40% is more than a drop. But I guess it depends on the person......

But I agree, it is what it is

While traffic levels in September of 2001 specifically were very low, by October they were already back up 25%, and as a result, total US pax traffic fell just 7% in 2001 compared to 2000 where it remained largely flat for 2002 -- that's a big deal when an airline is lucky to make a 5% margin, but when airlines make 20-50% margins as they do here, it's barely even noticeable to a well-run airline.  My MT2 airline, though I haven't touched in a probably 2 real-months, is still making more money than I know what to do with.  And by 2003 demand had virtually completely rebounded and by 2004 demand was already 10% higher than its peak.

Actually, while everyone here talks about 9/11, there's as much of a hit to demand as a result of the 2009 recession as there is as a result of 9/11.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.