Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: load factor dropped dramatically  (Read 8946 times)

se.basti.an

• Former member
load factor dropped dramatically
« on: April 30, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »
HELP!!!

Hej,

What's up with the load factor?

Suddenly my load factor dropped dramatically. Until Wednesday everything was good ... but then not more on Thursday.
There were no changes ... no new competitors, not a lack of staff ... all the same as Wednesday. I find no explanation!? :-(

Offline Pai

• Members
Re: load factor dropped dramatically
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
any routes dropped its LF recently?
Lunar Airways

Offline type45

• Members

se.basti.an

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
All routes are affected!

These are old existing routes, wich operating by then very well ... no new routes! The route image is 100, company image 42! It can not be the reason!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »
company image 42

Anyways, since it needs a bit more tweaking, I've disabled one part of the latest update. Checking it closer tomorrow.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 02:43:22 PM »
I've the same problem even my CI is 72 ;)

azflyer

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 03:03:09 PM »
I was about to ask the same question. Went to bed last night and everything was fine, wake up this morning to see my load factors drop off a cliff!!!  :o  Not so sure about this new "tweak".... 

Offline DHillMSP

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 06:03:04 PM »
I don't have any issues with the update...my load factors just spiked.  ;D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »
Yep, expect another update some time later.. The LF what you saw was more correct than what there is now.. But will be updated later after some additional checking.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 07:23:12 PM »
I have this problem, too. My LF was about >95% and now it's 50% and I don't think my airline can survive this (small airline)...  :'(

Edit: Weekly ticket income, no (new) competition, no CI/RI drop
1 535 495 USD       2 238 395 USD       2 907 360 USD       3 786 850 USD
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:52:19 PM by Curse »

jest

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
There is a problem. I have some routes where i fly planes with standard config,  fares 20% bellow recommended,  only flying demand, RI 100% and CI 80% and i am getting 60% LF. Sami if this is intended, please just say now so that i can shutdown the airline and do something less boring.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »
Something weird has happened to me in the new game.  My rates went from 40% the 1st week to 60% the 2nd week as expected, then fell back to 40% in the 3rd week.  Not one iota has changed, but this early in the game, a single weeks' earnings (or lack thereof) is a huge deal as it opens up the possibilities of newer, larger loans which gets you planes quicker, and the quicker you get your 2nd or 3rd plane, the quicker you get the next and next, and so on.

In MT#2 I experience I drop when sami was making these posts about changing the LF formula, but it mostly corrected itself in short order.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:32 PM »
Maybe it would be nice to fix this problem before some important (my!) airlines went bankrupt  ;)

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
New features:

* Adjustments to pax distribution system ... you cannot now just start a company and pack a plane full of C/F seats and get a full or half-full plane (a known starting technique).

Is this only apply to companies have low CI (i.e. newly formed company) or this will effect everyone?
Lunar Airways

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
What you see now (or last 2-10 game days) is what is supposed to be the pax/LF after the fixes/changes. So pleased adjust prices etc. accordingly. There will be further changes later but they will be announced separately (as intentiion is to develop the pax distribution to be bit better..).

....cheers ;)

(as always, any questions or reports - please PM me.. will reply in a few days)

jest

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 12:20:39 AM »
I will give it a couple of days. I have been playing AWS since day 1 thus being what could consider a good customer. Like i said before, i can not conceive that having 80% CI and 100% RI, running standard configs and giving 20% discount on fares gives me only 60 to 70% load factors while i have met only the demand on a particular route. If things do not improve i will stop playing and you will have lost a customer.

mfpoulsen

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:25 AM »
I ended up bankrupt... Had 30+ planes making steady income prior to the change - but the change cut my LF to a level where I could not pay the C maintenance anymore... So my budget was basically killed due to this. I am not happy starting a new game and during the game (where I was pretty big) things change this drastically.

You're not going to lose me as a customer - but seriously... These issues should have been corrected during the beta, and not when several companies are flying a huge amount of planes already... Just my humble opinion.

• Members
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »
This change made it impossible (for a newer/smaller airline) to use 707 on long-haul.

Flying from Auckland to destinys far away (JFK, LAX, HKG) in a good (and realistic) 6 first, 30 business and 120 economy configuration with -15% prices get a small profit, allowing to add 3-4 707 per year and pay for C-Checks with a load factor >90%.

So, why the LF is at 40% now? Yeah, only 45 CI and so on, but flying with my airline is _the only possibility to get from A to B_. 156 seats for a demand of 700.

And I must agree mfpoulsen. Changes like this shouldn't be done in a life game. It's (for me) not about the credits, but my first two strategys haven't worked and the 707 strategy was ok, it made fun to calculate with small profits etc. and now it's (nearly) gone and it wasn't my fault.

This is no offense, sami, I know you're not sitting at home and thinking about to get your users p***ed  ;) but it's a pity to see your airline is going to hell and you can't do anything against.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:06:34 AM by Curse »

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 04:38:38 AM »
This change made it impossible (for a newer/smaller airline) to use 707 on long-haul.

Why do you say that about all airlines? My airline is 7mths old and uses 707s and I don't see any low LF. In fact, my profits are up over 50% from when Sami did his tweak.

My CI is currently @ 43 and raising....

Talentz

• Members
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 08:50:38 AM »
Ok, what did you different from me?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.