Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Flying between 23:00-5:00  (Read 3628 times)

Grimvisage

• Former member
Flying between 23:00-5:00
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:22:50 AM »
Hi all,

This will be my first game in the "real world", having played through the last half of the Beginner's World scenario. Something I still haven't figured out is the whole question of whether or not to fly in the LF "dead zone" between 23h and 5h. I know that ideally you'd like to have a flight take off before 23h and land after 5h, but that's really only possible with fairly long flights. Is it necessarily true that a short hop during those hours wouldn't make profit? So if I've got an opportunity to send my A320 on a short hop 6 nights a week, should I do so and fill up the schedule? Or would the fixed costs outpace revenue, making it cheaper to just keep it grounded? How can I determine which is best?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:19:33 PM by Grimvisage »

monkeyman23555

• Former member
Re: Flying between 23:00-5:00
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:59:01 AM »
I cant say much on this topic, but every time I have tried it it made some profit, approx 2k (which is not alot). However the fixed costs like staff that need to be covered dont get calculated in the aircraft profit as far as I know so its better to have 2k more in the account than less...

Ofcourse if the aircraft is really doing negative profit then its not worth it...

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:17:19 AM »
Hi all,

This will be my first game in the "real world", having played through the last half of the Beginner's World scenario. Something I still haven't figured out is the whole question of whether or not to fly in the LF "dead zone" between 23h and 5h. I know that ideally you'd like to have a flight take off before 23h and land after 5h, but that's really only possible with fairly long flights. Is it necessarily true that a short hop during those hours wouldn't make profit? So if I've got an opportunity to send my A333 on a short hop 6 nights a week, should I do so and fill up the schedule? Or would the fixed costs outpace revenue, making it cheaper to just keep it grounded? How can I determine which is best?

well, if its  in green then good  coz profit showing after all expenses. But sending a A330 on short hop ?? hmmm with turnaround time of 2.5 plus , do  u have time to turnaround when the flight comes back?

But them depends on profit too, if its few $$$ , I would ground it .

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »
You can fly some ca. 2000nm routes. E.g. Istanbul-Las Palmas, departing at 16.00h, getting back out of Las Palmas before 23.00h and land after 5.00h in the morning at Istanbul. Try experimenting a little. It can work eastwards (obviously), but also westwards.
Denis

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 02:53:51 PM »
Many areas of the Carribean have markets for late night flights and red-eyes to the US northeast as well.

Grimvisage

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 03:19:41 PM »
well, if its  in green then good  coz profit showing after all expenses. But sending a A330 on short hop ?? hmmm with turnaround time of 2.5 plus , do  u have time to turnaround when the flight comes back?

Oops, my mistake. I'm flying an A320. My post probably makes a lot more sense now. I've edited the OP.  ;D

istanbulairlines

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
Hi all,

This will be my first game in the "real world", having played through the last half of the Beginner's World scenario. Something I still haven't figured out is the whole question of whether or not to fly in the LF "dead zone" between 23h and 5h. I know that ideally you'd like to have a flight take off before 23h and land after 5h, but that's really only possible with fairly long flights. Is it necessarily true that a short hop during those hours wouldn't make profit? So if I've got an opportunity to send my A320 on a short hop 6 nights a week, should I do so and fill up the schedule? Or would the fixed costs outpace revenue, making it cheaper to just keep it grounded? How can I determine which is best?

Hi all,

As far as experienced, night flights dont make very good profit at all whatever you do. I mean, I personally dropped the ticket prices and so i got high LF then I could carry the profit at least into the green but like max 4000$ (for exaple Istanbul - Larnaca - Istanbul 01:30 - 05:35 4 094 $)... usually i never leave the aircraft idle by night, better than nothing...

however i would like to see if any way exists to increase the night revenue..

thanx...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.