Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Seat Dumping  (Read 1539 times)

Offline CVACEO

• Members
Seat Dumping
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »
Is 280 seats on a 160pax route seat dumping?  If so, Sami might check the KPDX-KSEA route in MT2.  I have 224 seats on this route and another carrier just added another 280, it seems.  Not that I'm really crying about this since he's flying an A300 on a 120 mile flight at something like 0100.  That's gotta be a money-bleeding route.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Seat Dumping
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »
No, it's below double.. (check the manual for exact rules and definitions)

Offline CVACEO

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »
OK, thanks.  I was reading some of the posts in the Beginner's World forum and someone had said that you were allowed only 150% of pax demand.  I should have checked the manual first before posting.

mideg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »
On a similar topic, what are we to do if we see possible dumping?

I tried to contact the owner of the airline which is dumping the seats - to no effect (that I can tell).
A few (real) days later, I contacted sami - with the same effect (afaik).

Is there any official procedure we can follow to do this right?

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »
Manual - Penalties

Oversupplying ("flooding") seats on a route

• Warning via forum PM, 3 days time to correct the situation.
  • If not corrected by 3 days administration may either close the routes or close the airline completely.

I am pretty sure Sami got your message and acted accordingly...

Denis

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 03:33:21 PM »
HI Sami,

Another dumping report!!! DPS - CGK route is being dumped by World Connect Express, which uses DC9 at midnight time to dump my well established route!!! Definitely it is more than 150%, almost near 200%!!!!

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/WADD/WIII

Sami, I don't think it is allowed. Right? Can you send a warning to World Connect Express?  Thanks!

Joseph

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
HI Sami,

Another dumping report!!! DPS - CGK route is being dumped by World Connect Express, which uses DC9 at midnight time to dump my well established route!!! Definitely it is more than 150%, almost near 200%!!!!

Sami, I don't think it is allowed. Right? Can you send a warning to World Connect Express?  Thanks!

Joseph

Guys, please count correctly: I can see 11 flights (Viva Asia), times 64 pax = 704 seats per day. The routes states an average demand of 620 when I open it. 704 seats divided by 620 demand = 113% of route demand. I do not recall how much fit in the NAMC if you fly high density, but even then, you don't get close to the 200%.

World Connect Express has 5 DC-9 flying, probably around 100 seats each: 5 times 100seats = 500seats. Divided by 620 demand = 80%!

Denis

willvone

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »
Questions about seat dumping never seem to get answered to my satisfaction by the administration. >:(

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 05:36:13 PM »
Wee Hee, another complaint!

I swear, everywhere I go...

- Talentz

Online Southsky

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 07:49:49 PM »
Well, not leveling any blame here, but Talentz, your scheduling tactics do lend to the notion of seat dumping.

The one route I've seen is the Bali - Jakarta route listed above where you are flying five flights between 0400 and 0425... then nothing else during the rest of the day. It certainly doesn't look realistic.

It's your prerogative though.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
ANA and JAL have red eye flights between Hong Kong and Tokyo everyday, do you think CPA and NWA should complain for unfair competition? ;)

His daily supply do not larger than the daily demand. He has the right to operate routes in mid-night, and he will suffer if nobody fly with him. when he can bear the risk, why not? ;)

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »
HI Sami,

Sami, I don't think it is allowed. Right? Can you send a warning to World Connect Express?  Thanks!

Joseph

It looks like you are misinterpreting the table/charts wrong because, the green bar on the route window shows the total supply of seats of all airlines that fly that route, yours including. If you look at the difference of the green bar (visible to everyone) and your own supply bar (only visible to you), you'll see the difference.

@Southsky, scheduling departures at near the same time (and I do this too), isn't seat dumping, unrealistic in the eyes of others, probably,  but I think it is a matter of convenience and not to annoy another player :)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:22 PM »
Guys, please count correctly: I can see 11 flights (Viva Asia), times 64 pax = 704 seats per day. The routes states an average demand of 620 when I open it. 704 seats divided by 620 demand = 113% of route demand. I do not recall how much fit in the NAMC if you fly high density, but even then, you don't get close to the 200%.

World Connect Express has 5 DC-9 flying, probably around 100 seats each: 5 times 100seats = 500seats. Divided by 620 demand = 80%!

Denis

64 is the pax count for a YS-11 in high density config.  You only get 52 at standard density.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Ah, thanks Ryan so that makes sense indeed.
Denis

Online Southsky

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 09:22:14 PM »
@Southsky, scheduling departures at near the same time (and I do this too), isn't seat dumping, unrealistic in the eyes of others, probably,  but I think it is a matter of convenience and not to annoy another player :)

I agree... it's not seat dumping but rather annoying.   8)

Talentz

• Former member
~
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:11 AM »
I agree... it's not seat dumping but rather annoying.   8)

Annoying but well within the rules. Besides... this is not an attack on his route.. Im just building RI to 100 while filling my aircraft's late night schedule. Denpasar Bali is the closest (and biggest) open 24hr airport. Most airports in the Indonesia regional are 10a-23p. Instead of having the aircraft sit, they fly red eyes. Maybe most players can't make money flying between 23-5a.... but Im not one of them.

~ Honestly, that's really not what he should be worried about...

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.