Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company image negative  (Read 1135 times)

munipandita

• Former member
Company image negative
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:55:27 PM »
Hi.

I just started my company (Catita Express), and i added a marketing campaign, my base country and in television, so it should be a good campaign..

But my CI is -23!!!!

How is that??!!

Well my airplanes aren't that new... 15y and 12y because there aren't newer planes on the used market... So, what hapened?!

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: Company image negative
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
Delays and Cancellations.  They almost killed me in DOTM.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:14 PM »
Delays and Cancellations.  They almost killed me in DOTM.

...missed c checks and getting caught....

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »
Looking at your airline.. some flights have >30% cancellations and others AVERAGE delays of over an hour... You'd need to tackle those fast or your airline will not be 'alive' very long.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »
Looking at your airline.. some flights have >30% cancellations and others AVERAGE delays of over an hour... You'd need to tackle those fast or your airline will not be 'alive' very long.

...introducing the 10 minute 737 turnaround....

.... okay ... go go go go go go....

.... bags are just thrown onto the taramac....

.... fuel tankers are already on site...

... where A checks usually involve a 6 pack, a doobie, and a personal grudge against passengers.

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »
I see..

Well, when i schedule a route i always give more time than the minimal..

The delays are due to Technical Problem..

Sami.. We don't have 1 aircraft on the used market less than 12yrs old... Or good aircraft, like B737.. Only those smaller aircrafts.. <30 seats

Could you put more used aircraft, a bit newer?

I have ordered 1 B737.. a new one.. i will have to ground my planes untill the boeing arrives.. Because i can't keep flying this way...

All because those old AC

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:13:21 PM »
...introducing the 10 minute 737 turnaround....

Tech cancllations and delays in this case actually, a 60% cond / near 20y BAC 1-11.. (I like the BAC, sort of Fokker 100 of 1970s, but in this world it's getting a tad old already)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:15:23 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »
Sorry CB. .. I cannot control or just 'put' planes there. And naturally the good and best are snapped very fast.

oh, to add.. There will be a change soon that makes the life of new carriers a bit easier in this field. But more details later on.. ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:17:10 PM by sami »

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:19:15 PM »
Ok, thank you for the attention sami.

And what are "Yield, / RPK"  and "Revenue, / ASK" ?

Do i have any maintenance / training costs if i ground the airplanes? (clear their schedule)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 10:23:52 PM »
Yes, fixed costs do run even without routes (commonality stuff at least).

But don't ground them. The single 737 cannot save you there anymore. Try to earn with the current planes and improve the worse plane's condition with extra B checks or something that way.And make sure you minimize costs and maximize the profits and a/c usage. Since waiting for manymany months for the new plane will lead to no money, no incomes and no steady base for the company and cannot succeed with a single 737 really.

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 10:28:33 PM »
But i don't have money anymore to keep flying them or doing B-checks..

I had 800 000 + USD.. I had this reserve when i ordered the B737... (i started my airline yesterday)

But i had only losses.. I didn't have any 'green' week.. All my money is gone, and i couldn't notice that..

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »
Sami.. We don't have 1 aircraft on the used market less than 12yrs old... Or good aircraft, like B737.. Only those smaller aircrafts.. <30 seats

Could you put more used aircraft, a bit newer?

I have ordered 1 B737.. a new one.. i will have to ground my planes untill the boeing arrives.. Because i can't keep flying this way...

All because those old AC

Old aircraft are usable, you've just gotta be picky about the condition or repair them first.  Almost half my fleet is over 15 years old, I have 96.6% punctuality, and tech delays are only the third most common reason for a delay or cancellation.  Why does everyone always want the used aircraft market flooded with new aircraft... ???

nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 03:13:49 AM »

[/quote]

1 B737 delivered in 2 years will not be enough to dig you out of the millions in overdraft you will have by delivery day. Also, think of it this way, by the time you get your new plane, the beginning (fast growing) phase of the game will be fading. At that time, you should have newer planes in used market. But you will be starting with a huge handicap if you seat around till then.

You are probably better off if you get 2 or 3 smaller capacity planes and run a local operation until the game settles. By then you can expand and set base on a larger airport......

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »
I saw a brand new 733 for just $25m on used market today...however someone else was faster than me...
Lunar Airways

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.